Need short film to do sound for - masters assessment

Johan

Hello everyone

I'm doing a master's in sound design at Napier and for a module assignment I need to do sound for a short 5 min film, or clip from docu, etc. The crux is that I'm required to do 2 spotting sessions, pre/post so I'm not able to just do a resound. I can do sfx & foley but for practical reasons, I wouldn't be able to do any production sound or ADR.

Here's a short re-sound I did for an exercise, mix could be better but it gives you an idea:

To the mods, apologies and please move if this in the wrong forum.

Best

J

Hi @Johan and welcome to our community!
I have moved this post to the proper category. This is a very good exercise to develop your skills.
I will tag a few of our members that have recently posted short films on our forums: @Capricious @festy196 @Orange Betsy @Rowen Henderson

Hi @Johan and welcome to our community!
I have moved this post to the proper category. This is a very good exercise to develop your skills.
I will tag a few of our members that have recently posted short films on our forums: @Capricious @festy196 @Orange Betsy @Rowen Henderson
Thanks, I suspected I'd placed in the wrong forum.

Worth noting that the film could be previous work and I can only redo the sound. I'd need to have the spotting sessions but maybe we can work out some quid pro quo ... or if you're in London we'll sort out pizza & beer!

Best

J

I'd like to see the movie that you will do the sound for if it is ok for you to post it here.

Hello everyone

I'm doing a master's in sound design at Napier and for a module assignment I need to do sound for a short 5 min film, or clip from docu, etc. The crux is that I'm required to do 2 spotting sessions, pre/post so I'm not able to just do a resound. I can do sfx & foley but for practical reasons, I wouldn't be able to do any production sound or ADR.

Here's a short re-sound I did for an exercise, mix could be better but it gives you an idea:

To the mods, apologies and please move if this in the wrong forum.

Best

J
Really good! Rich soundscape and well done! Actually her yelling without sound is even more dramatic than hearing her voice!

There is so much work beind done behind the scenes. We really just see the final edit. I was watching that short film and I was thinking about how much work you have to do as well for us to enjoy the final product.

Network Sponsors

Back