Marvel Recreation Universe (Part 2 Behind The Scenes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It now hits me how difficult this was for the actors, not just for the post-production team.
Agreed. They acted in front of nothing, while mimicking the original actor's motions/ dialogue, and the pressure of living up to these iconic scenes and characters.

Jon said it was an honor, and frightening at the same time.

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 10: Captain America Civil War Cap vs Iron Man

In this episode, we break down everything it took to bring our Captain America Civil War Scene Recreation #2 to life.

Initially, the plan was to film both our Snow themed SR'S (Age of Ultron and Iron man vs Cap) practically, outside in the Winter. When, all of Mru's filming schedule was transferred to the summer due to actor availability, both of these episodes changed to cgi, and blue screen.

This SR is interesting, as it is the only SR filmed at our Studio where Jon does not perform the role of Steve Rogers.

We looked at the our planned recording layout for Jon's final Principal Photography day, and I realized Jon was not going to be able to complete everything required within the given time frame.

Our Cap vs Iron Man, SR is one of the most intense Scene Recreations acting wise, with a fairly tight schedule and I did not want to drain all of Jon's energy and acting capacity he would need later across the day, so I performed both roles for this SR.

This SR became the second most challenging SR visual effects wise in our Film, as every punch/ reactions to punches during the fight for Iron Man and Cap were filmed separately and then synced in the edit.

Link:

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 10: Captain America Civil War Cap vs Iron Man

In this episode, we break down everything it took to bring our Captain America Civil War Scene Recreation #2 to life.

Initially, the plan was to film both our Snow themed SR'S (Age of Ultron and Iron man vs Cap) practically, outside in the Winter. When, all of Mru's filming schedule was transferred to the summer due to actor availability, both of these episodes changed to cgi, and blue screen.

This SR is interesting, as it is the only SR filmed at our Studio where Jon does not perform the role of Steve Rogers.

We looked at the our planned recording layout for Jon's final Principal Photography day, and I realized Jon was not going to be able to complete everything required within the given time frame.

Our Cap vs Iron Man, SR is one of the most intense Scene Recreations acting wise, with a fairly tight schedule and I did not want to drain all of Jon's energy and acting capacity he would need later across the day, so I performed both roles for this SR.

This SR became the second most challenging SR visual effects wise in our Film, as every punch/ reactions to punches during the fight for Iron Man and Cap were filmed separately and then synced in the edit.

Link:
If they are ever going to look for a replacement for Captain America, they got one right here!

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 11: Doctor Strange

Our Doctor Strange Scene Recreation required us to create a layered 3d dimensional world, add color gradients, giving the scene a detailed cinematic look, and more.

In this episode, we break down everything it took to bring our Doctor Strange Recreation to life.

This was the 1# most challenging Scene Recreation Visual effects - wise that I composited in our Film. And it was the SR, I was the most afraid of when we started editing the sequences in our Film.

We pushed the visual effects for this SR further then we ever had before at this point, as Doctor Strange is Mru Creative Consultant, Christian M.'s favorite Marvel Film and I wanted him to love this SR.

Christian M's involvement with Mru dates all the way back to very begining of our Production.

Christian was the lead-Camera man on some DIY Star-Lord Costume tests for our Guardians of the Galaxy 1 SR in June 2017, before Jon joined the Production, and before we knew anything about visual effects or had any previous experience with Green/Blue Screens.

Christian was a friend of Jon's and that is how me and Jon met.

Every Scene Recreation for Mru, and major move in the Production were discussed with him, before moving forward.
If Christian felt a SR idea did not blend well with the Film, and would not receive the proper reaction from Mcu fans we wanted, than it got cut.

One of the things that helps make Mru work well, is we surrounded ourselves with Marvel fans during all phases of the Production.

Jon brought a admiration and deep knowledge and understanding of theses characters, on screen and comics history, Christian brought a love for Marvel, and a devoted passion for what a Marvel Recreation project should feel like, and I brought the Filmmaking experience, enthusiasm, and a vision to pull it all off.

Together, all 3 of our strengths helped make Mru what it has become.

This is also, a special week in Mru history as 2 years ago, July 27th 2020 with the test pilots, and vfx tests complete, our production was officially green lit and we filmed our Winter Soldier Highway Fight SR and Iron man 3 SR, day 1 of Principal Photography for our film.

Link:

Our Doctor Strange Scene Recreation required us to create a layered 3d dimensional world, add color gradients, giving the scene a detailed cinematic look, and more.

In this episode, we break down everything it took to bring our Doctor Strange Recreation to life.

This was the 1# most challenging Scene Recreation Visual effects - wise that I composited in our Film. And it was the SR, I was the most afraid of when we started editing the sequences in our Film.

We pushed the visual effects for this SR further then we ever had before at this point, as Doctor Strange is Mru Creative Consultant, Christian M.'s favorite Marvel Film and I wanted him to love this SR.

Christian M's involvement with Mru dates all the way back to very begining of our Production.

Christian was the lead-Camera man on some DIY Star-Lord Costume tests for our Guardians of the Galaxy 1 SR in June 2017, before Jon joined the Production, and before we knew anything about visual effects or had any previous experience with Green/Blue Screens.

Every Scene Recreation for Mru, and major move in the Production were discussed with him, before moving forward.
If Christian felt a SR idea did not blend well with the Film, and would not receive the proper reaction from Mcu fans we wanted, than it got cut.

One of the things that helps make Mru work well, is we surrounded ourselves with Marvel fans during all phases of the Production.

Jon brought a admiration and deep knowledge and understanding of theses characters, on screen and comics history, Christian brought a love for Marvel, and a devoted passion for what a Marvel Recreation project should feel like, and I brought the Filmmaking experience, enthusiasm, and a vision to pull it all off.

This is also, a special week in Mru history as 2 years ago, July 27th 2020 with the test pilots, and vfx tests complete, our production was officially green lit and we filmed our Winter Soldier Highway Fight SR and Iron man 3 SR, day 1 of Principal Photography for our film.

Link:
I think you got surrounded by Marvel fans even in post-production, not only in the Production phase.

Link:
It has already been two years? Omg...where did the time fly?

I think you got surrounded by Marvel fans even in post-production, not only in the Production phase.
I agree. Though there were not as many Marvel fans during the Post-Production phase, as the other phases. We had a team of vfx Artists from all around the world for our Avengers Endgame Cosplayer Portals and Iron man Snap SR's handling different shots, but besides that, all the other vfx for Mru was done by myself.

A big common misconception about Mru is that I am a big Marvel fan, but I am not.

Jon, Christian, and all the other Marvel fans who were apart of Mru were invaluable with insights, helping Mru capture the feeling and atmosphere of a Marvel Recreation Production.

It has already been two years? Omg...where did the time fly?
Thank you, Emily! It's been 2 years since we began filming the base of our film. Principal Photography on Mru finished in October 2020.

However, it took a while for sequences to complete in the edit, the trailer for our series, and our first post on the forums did not happen until November 2020. (Almost 2 years ago.)

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 12: Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

In this episode, we break down everything it took to bring our Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 Scene Recreation to life.

This episode is very cathartic to me, as this is the 2nd time I perform Star-Lord in our film. Star-Lord is where Mru all began with our Guardians of the Galaxy 1 SR Vfx test, (Filmed in 2018) and to come back as the character in (2020) felt very wholesome.

Interestingly enough, there was a time during Mru where I was not going to reprise the roe of Star-Lord for our Film.

On a Video Call Pitching Mru to a Potential team of actors (for the roles of Thor, Bruce Banner, and Happy) the final negotiation all lead back to one role: Star-Lord.

These actors would join our Film, if one of them was given the opportunity to perform Quill in our Recreations. An offer, I instantly rejected, Star-Lord is where it all started, and the plan was always for me to continue performing Star-Lord for the Guardians Volume 2 SR in our Film.

Later, after some thought, I messaged the leader of this group, and granted the role of Star-Lord to the actor who requested it.

The Actor team joined the Production. And then Production began on the base of Mru. (Iron man 3- Far from home)

On the day to film with these actors, the team suddenly left the Production and did not arrive for principal photography.

As it would turn out, Jake Kaufman was contacted and ultimately given the role of Thor, the Happy role was cut, and I ended up performing Hulk and... received the role of Star-Lord back for our Film.

It was great to step into the shoes of Peter Quill once again, and an honor to perform alongside Brian Barnett's Ego.

Link:

In this episode, we break down everything it took to bring our Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 Scene Recreation to life.

This episode is very cathartic to me, as this is the 2nd time I perform Star-Lord in our film. Star-Lord is where Mru all began with our Guardians of the Galaxy 1 SR Vfx test, (Filmed in 2018) and to come back as the character in (2020) felt very wholesome.

Interestingly enough, there was a time during Mru where I was not going to reprise the roe of Star-Lord for our Film.

On a Video Call Pitching Mru to a Potential team of actors (for the roles of Thor, Bruce Banner, and Happy) the final negotiation all lead back to one role: Star-Lord.

These actors would join our Film, if one of them was given the opportunity to perform Quill in our Recreations. An offer, I instantly rejected, Star-Lord is where it all started, and the plan was always for me to continue performing Star-Lord for the Guardians Volume 2 SR in our Film.

Later, after some thought, I messaged the leader of this group, and granted the role of Star-Lord to the actor who requested it.

The Actor team joined the Production. And then Production began on the base of Mru. (Iron man 3- Far from home)

On the day to film with these actors, the team suddenly left the Production and did not arrive for principal photography.

As it would turn out, Jake Kaufman was contacted and ultimately given the role of Thor, the Happy role was cut, and I ended up performing Hulk and... received the role of Star-Lord back for our Film.

It was great to step into the shoes of Peter Quill once again, and an honor to perform alongside Brian Barnett's Ego.

Link:
Now that's a cool story! He did a great job, too! :D

Link:
The longer I watch BTS series, the more I understand how difficult it was to create the recreations.

Link:
Mate, this is one of the coolest projects I've seen in a while now...

Now that's a cool story! He did a great job, too! :D
Thank you, Maura! You never quite know who will end up performing these roles in the end. Lot's of changes and unexpected situations happen during these kind of Productions.

I agree. Brian gave a fantastic performance! :)

The longer I watch BTS series, the more I understand how difficult it was to create the recreations.
Thank you, Oskar! Recreating these iconic sequences is no small feat. One of the reasons the Behind the Scenes Content is coming out now, almost 2 years after these SR's released, is because I was too tired for the BTS series after all our Scene Recreations finished.

The physical and mental toll these SR's took, wiped me out.

I would always tell our actors: We are recreating scenes from 100+ million dollar films, on a 3k+ budget.

Don't get lost in the details, We are going for simple, and great.

Thank you, Maura! You never quite know who will end up performing these roles in the end. Lot's of changes and unexpected situations happen during these kind of Productions.

I agree. Brian gave a fantastic performance! :)
Yes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back