Marvel Recreation Universe Part 3 (Behind the Scenes)

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 22 Side by Side Comparisons Scene Recreations Mcu Phase 3 (Part 1)

There we're 0 rehearsals for Mru. I sent lines to a few actors to memorize before coming to set, but that was all.

Everything filmed at my Studio for Mru was filmed very quickly. For example, Me and Jake Kaufman (Our Thor Actor) filmed all his scenes as Thor interior Blue Screen Studio/ exterior, and Behind the Scenes interview questions in the time I had available from him: 2 hours.

For maximum efficiency, everything had to be planned to perfection.

I edited and cut the original reference scenes that way every single shot with Thor in the scene was spliced together in order by camera set-up, (all shots with the characters, head to waist, are filmed first, and then we flipped the Blue Screen and camera vertical and filmed all shots required for the character head to toe.)

How many minutes it would take to film each scene with Jake was calculated as well, and I had a clock on a table that we could both see as we filmed.

Moving at that fast of a speed also helped the actors stay focused and in the moment at all times. They did not have time to be concerned about weight of living up to these iconic characters, or how silly it felt filming in front of a Blue Screen and yelling at the wall. Instead it kept everybody in the moment, and the energy of the sequence.

After completing recording for a couple of Scene Recreations, you start to build a rhythm with the actor and we we would both feel the progress we we're making, shot after shot.

2 hours exact, me and Jake finished filming everything, and he was out the door driving away from the Studio.

I had more time with Jon, (Captain America and Spider-Man) when he came to film all the Blue/Green Screen shots I needed for the Scene Recreations (Age of Ultron - Far from Home.)

But there was much more to do then with Jake, and we still filmed at a rapid time frame.

Link:

Thanks for sharing, Dustin! :D

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 22 Side by Side Comparisons Scene Recreations Mcu Phase 3 (Part 1)

There we're 0 rehearsals for Mru. I sent lines to a few actors to memorize before coming to set, but that was all.

Everything filmed at my Studio for Mru was filmed very quickly. For example, Me and Jake Kaufman (Our Thor Actor) filmed all his scenes as Thor interior Blue Screen Studio/ exterior, and Behind the Scenes interview questions in the time I had available from him: 2 hours.

For maximum efficiency, everything had to be planned to perfection.

I edited and cut the original reference scenes that way every single shot with Thor in the scene was spliced together in order by camera set-up, (all shots with the characters, head to waist, are filmed first, and then we flipped the Blue Screen and camera vertical and filmed all shots required for the character head to toe.)

How many minutes it would take to film each scene with Jake was calculated as well, and I had a clock on a table that we could both see as we filmed.

Moving at that fast of a speed also helped the actors stay focused and in the moment at all times. They did not have time to be concerned about weight of living up to these iconic characters, or how silly it felt filming in front of a Blue Screen and yelling at the wall. Instead it kept everybody in the moment, and the energy of the sequence.

After completing recording for a couple of Scene Recreations, you start to build a rhythm with the actor and we we would both feel the progress we we're making, shot after shot.

2 hours exact, me and Jake finished filming everything, and he was out the door driving away from the Studio.

I had more time with Jon, (Captain America and Spider-Man) when he came to film all the Blue/Green Screen shots I needed for the Scene Recreations (Age of Ultron - Far from Home.)

But there was much more to do then with Jake, and we still filmed at a rapid time frame.

Link:

This is, perhaps, one of the most educational resource for a student. Great job Dustin & MRU CREW!

Popular YouTube Finzar recently recreated a sequence from Avengers Endgame. It's interesting to see how though we have never met before, me, my team, and him took very similar approaches to this task.

This the best look at the editing process that goes into a Scene Recreation. For those wondering what it is like in the editing chair when recreating sequences from iconic Marvel Films, his video shows it in real-time while breaking it down in a fast, funny, and entertaining way.

He also covers some topics I do not discuss in our Mru BTS Series, (Or final Two episodes) such as buying costumes, preparing and studying the scene initially, and setting up Green Screens.

A few notes:

1. He sets up his Green Screen Lighting to match the particular scene, however this is a very easy misstep to make.
If you light for the scene, you may not have the proper brightness to properly take your character out of the Green Screen.

You want to light the for the Green screen not the scene. This ends up proving a problem for him with his project, and hurt Mru in the early testing days as well.

(You can always change the lighting in Post, when you place the characters in their new virtual background.)

2. For Mru 95% of everything in the Studio was filmed straight on and all camera movements we're added via a virtual Camera and Key frame animations in Post Production.
It's easier to film and edit this way, and much more efficient.

It's great to see other people recreating scenes from Marvel Films, and to see more Recreation Projects popping up on the internet.

This video inspired a Filmmaker to recreate the trailer for Oppenheimer, a YouTube friend of mine just recreated his first ever Live-Action Scene Recreation from that film as well, and I just met a video creator last week who is recreating content from recent marvel films.

The Recreation Community is growing.

Link:

Popular YouTube Finzar recently recreated a sequence from Avengers Endgame. It's interesting to see how though we have never met before, me, my team, and him took very similar approaches to this task.

This the best look at the editing process that goes into a Scene Recreation. For those wondering what it is like in the editing chair when recreating sequences from iconic Marvel Films, his video shows it in real-time while breaking it down in a fast, funny, and entertaining way.

He also covers some topics I do not discuss in our Mru BTS Series, (Or final Two episodes) such as buying costumes, preparing and studying the scene initially, and setting up Green Screens.

A few notes:

1. He sets up his Green Screen Lighting to match the particular scene, however this is a very easy misstep to make.
If you light for the scene, you may not have the proper brightness to properly take your character out of the Green Screen.

You want to light the for the Green screen not the scene. This ends up proving a problem for him with his project, and hurt Mru in the early testing days as well.

(You can always change the lighting in Post, when you place the characters in their new virtual background.)

2. For Mru 95% of everything in the Studio was filmed straight on and all camera movements we're added via a virtual Camera and Key frame animations in Post Production.
It's easier to film and edit this way, and much more efficient.

It's great to see other people recreating scenes from Marvel Films, and to see more Recreation Projects popping up on the internet.

This video inspired a Filmmaker to recreate the trailer for Oppenheimer, a YouTube friend of mine just recreated his first ever Live-Action Scene Recreation from that film as well, and I just met a video creator last week who is recreating content from recent marvel films.

The Recreation Community is growing.

Link:
Even though you two never met before, it would be a great idea to work together! :D

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 23 Side by Side Comparisons Scene Recreations Mcu Phase 3 (Part 2)

The Visual Effects Journey of Mru is interesting because it tested the power of belief.

When Mur first started, there was a lack of belief that the Scene Recreations could be done, and that they could be accomplished within a very short-time frame as well.

One Animator told me, it would take months to complete even one Scene Recreation.

I quickly realized the only way to prove it was possible was to Composite the Visual Effects myself. I learned VFX to create Mru. Almost every Scene Recreation (Minus the Battle for New York and Guardians 1 SR) I edited for the film was edited in a week.

When I reached out to VFX Artists to handle different shots for our Avengers Endgame Scene Recreations, I was surprised at how little convincing was needed.

After seeing the previous Scene Recreations (Avengers 2012 - Thor Ragnarok) the VFX Artists immediately believed they could pull it off and could convincingly recreate shots from a 300+ Million dollar film in the time frame we had: 2 weeks.

It's amazing to me how they added more and more details to each shot they worked on and had full- faith they could complete what many had previously deemed to be impossible.

Editing the Other Scene Recreations helped in another way as well, as It allowed them to come to me with questions, and gave them a feeling of confidence, that they were working for another VFX Artist.

And they deliverd far better VFX with these Scene Recreations and a higher quality then I ever could.

It was a dream come true to have my hero, and the Master of Scene Recreations Dustin McLean perform Mysterio in our Far from Home Scene Recreation.

It was incredible to have him onboard and to work with someone who has previous experience in the industry for the final scene in our film.

About Dustin McLean:
Dustin is the creator of many highly popular digital series, responsible for 100s of millions of online views.

Dustin was most recently the Director of Video for digital publisher Brainjolt, overseeing the entire video team which created content for all major social media platforms including 17 shows on Snapchat Discover. Prior that that Dustin was the Director of Video North America for Jellysmack, one of the top 10 video publishers in the world with over 3 billion unique monthly video views.

Dustin created content for such companies as NBC’s The Voice, Fox Digital, and the MTV Movie Awards.

Dustin has worked behind the scenes with such legendary figures as Ron Howard, Neil deGrasse Tyson, William Shatner, Weird Al Yankovic, Gal Gadot, Zach Galifianakis, Jon Hamm, James Franco, Denis Villeneuve, Mark Burnett, Haylee Steinfeld and many more.

Link:

When Mru started, I wanted for it to show that anyone, from anywhere could recreate VFX heavy scenes from iconic films and recreate them in high-quality.

YouTuber and upcoming Filmmaker Nick Films, recently started recreating Scenes from Marvel and D.C Films using costumes and VFX.

He let me know the reason is recreating is because of Marvel Recreation Universe and Recreation Universe.

It's exciting to see that Mru and R:u is inspiring video creators from around the world to question what is possible.

Props to Nick for jumping onto the initiative, recreating scenes from famous movies and diving head first into the Scene recreating process.

Here is his most popular Scene Recreation:

Link:

(The Mru Behind the Scenes Finale arrives December 5th)

Wow, that's awesome! I love seeing how Mru and R:u are inspiring creators worldwide. Nick's recreations sound amazing. Can't wait to check out his most popular scene! Thanks for sharing the link!

Wow, that's awesome! I love seeing how Mru and R:u are inspiring creators worldwide. Nick's recreations sound amazing. Can't wait to check out his most popular scene! Thanks for sharing the link!
Thank you! It's' thrilling to think about where it may go from here. Dustin McLean inspired Mru, Mru and R:u inspired Nick, Nick's Recreations could inspire more people and the cycle continues.

Nick does a great job recreating one of the best sequences from Into the Spider-verse!

No problem!

Thank you! It's' thrilling to think about where it may go from here. Dustin McLean inspired Mru, Mru and R:u inspired Nick, Nick's Recreations could inspire more people and the cycle continues.

Nick does a great job recreating one of the best sequences from Into the Spider-verse!

No problem!
It also inspired me! Even though I did not create any similar work, but sometime, in the future, I might have! And it will be all because of you! :D

It also inspired me! Even though I did not create any similar work, but sometime, in the future, I might have! And it will be all because of you! :D
It is an honor to hear that! We are all apart of an endless chain of inspiration, if you create something similar in the future, it will inspire others as well! :)

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 24 Finale: The Marvel Recreation Universe Behind the Scenes Documentary

Once more with feeling.

When we made Mru, we we're creating two films at the same time. One Film, the Marvel Recreation Universe movie was released, but the second one was cancelled 95% away from completion due to hardware issues.

Mru pushes technology to it's limit, this leads to high-detailed Scene Recreations experimenting with new techniques, but can also have a downside.

Sometimes the Editing process proves too much for the editing device and projects get delayed.

Thankfully due to a P.C upgrade, The Mru BTS Documentary is completed, a year after it's initial planned release.

The Mru BTS Documentary combines all of the Mru Behind the Scenes episode breakdown episodes (Thor the Dark World - Spider-Man Far from Home) into one singular story and cinematic experience.

It's the reason all of the episodes have the same rhythm and tone.

Mru BTS Documentary features:

1.All Mru Behind the Scenes breakdown episodes joined together for one cohesive and coherent film.

2. Pauses between cast interviews and episodes removed.

3. Music syncs and transitions from one scene to the next for a smooth and pleasing experience to the ears.

4. Endgame Scene Recreations Behind the Scenes shortened and with additional music added fitting the Documentary's themes.

5. Behinds the Scenes footage of our Winter Soldier Cosplayer in our Endgame Scene Recreations recorded exclusively for the credits, and more.

This is the way the Behind the Scenes are meant to be experienced. As one, piece, telling the Behind the Scenes Journey of Mru.

Recreation Universe has a Merch Store. With Specially stylized T-Shirts, Sweaters, phone cases, and more.

Mru was 85% personally financed. Any purchase helps me make back on some of the financial investment I put into this Production.

Link: https://spec-op-studios-merch-store.creator-spring.com/

Special thanks to my Older Brother Bob, for never giving up on this Production. Even though it was cancelled, I had all the separate pieces finished but was unable to place them alongside one another, he would still say: What about the Documentary?

And continued to encourage me and believe in it's eventual completion.

This is the longest Mru video.

If you we're to watch the Mru movie and Mru BTS Documentary side by side it would cumulate into a 45 minute Marvel Recreation experience.

This concludes Mru.

Link:

Dustin, your dedication to the Marvel Recreation Universe is awe-inspiring! The BTS Documentary announcement is incredible!

Network Sponsors

Back