My first attempt at an animation short - Please critique it!

age_of_ultra

It's NSFW with some nudity. But please can you critique it? Animation is shoddy plus Im looking into adding voice work as well. Its for a future series.

Link -

To start of the sound-design was very good. It helped set a scarry/creepy atmosphere. The wierd movement and anatomy of the assassin also made it al the more scary. Another good thing was how the animation played out. First we are introduced to a lady standing in a room with some corpses and dont know whats going on, but then the security footage is played and we now know the true nature of the lady and what presumably happend in the room that she is standing in. On the other hand the posses that the corpses are lying there look very much like ragdools and goofy which takes away from the atmosphere. The texts from the animation programm are also anoying as is the low frame rate. The facial expressions don't look genuin to me, so work on them and the lighting is also a little bad. But all in all it's not that bad. You obviously still have to work and your animation skills, but if this is one of your first animations then keep doing them.

Looks like an anime / cartoon scene :D

To start of the sound-design was very good. It helped set a scarry/creepy atmosphere. The wierd movement and anatomy of the assassin also made it al the more scary. Another good thing was how the animation played out. First we are introduced to a lady standing in a room with some corpses and dont know whats going on, but then the security footage is played and we now know the true nature of the lady and what presumably happend in the room that she is standing in. On the other hand the posses that the corpses are lying there look very much like ragdools and goofy which takes away from the atmosphere. The texts from the animation programm are also anoying as is the low frame rate. The facial expressions don't look genuin to me, so work on them and the lighting is also a little bad. But all in all it's not that bad. You obviously still have to work and your animation skills, but if this is one of your first animations then keep doing them.
Thanks. I'm trying to improve on those.

I am sure you will improve over time!
And the reason they're in that ragdoll position is explained in my first episode.

One of the few reasons why we love anime so much is the countless number of beautiful animated characters. It would seem that this is just a picture on the screen, but their beauty and attractiveness captures us and makes us stay up all night watching various anime marathons! And here's what I'll say - you need to participate in auditions to create anime films, something like hentaicheeks.com. But look at another genre, many people like something hotter, do not find this a more profitable direction?

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back