Marvel Recreation Universe (Part 2 Behind The Scenes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Johnson

Name
Dustin Johnson
Date
10-14-21
Marvel Recreation Universe part 2: Behind the Scenes.

We are very happy to announce that the Behind the Scenes Phase of Mru has begun!

For those who don't know: Marvel Recreation Universe is a Fan Series that Recreated 1 scene from every single Marvel Movie in chronological order using VFX, and Costumes.

It started out as friends filming Recreations in a studio and ended up starring Professional Cosplayers and Actors from all over the world by the end of the Season.

After some overview and discussions/meetings with our Producers, we have decided to split our BTS into 3 Sections and rearrange our pre-planned documentary:

We have concluded the Main Story of the Making of Mru will be told through the Power of a Short Film, the Behind the Scenes interviews initially recorded for our doc will be redesigned as short Behind the Scenes featurettes for each episode, and the third section will remain a surprise for now.

The BTS of the Mru is a very active and engaging story we feel that making this change will make the tale more accessible to people/ with a broader reach and a more impactful experience.

(One of the reasons we believe Mru has connected with many people is because our SR'S are fairly short and we want to take that same approach to our BTS.)

Me and my team are happy to present our very first Behind the Scenes Featurette:

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 1: The Winter Soldier.

It may seem odd to start with the 3rd episode of our show however, this is the first episode we filmed, edited, and pitched to our actors.

The WS provided many creative challenges and questions including: Do we film on a Blue Screen? How to record a fight sequence on a highway? and much more.

Link:

Marvel Recreation Universe had one of the most unique sets in video producing.
Unlike many productions, we were not inventing something new, but instead reenacting something we have high respect for with a cast and crew brought together by the impact of the Marvel Movies.

Multiples of people coming together to recreate scenes that we look up to from movies that we love.
Every cast/crewmember knew what we were creating, and everyone was pushing hard to do these iconic moments and characters justice.

Here is a highlight reel of what the experience was like on Mru's Sets.

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode2: Best of/on-set highlight reel.

Link:

Hey Dustin! I'm very happy to see your thread! It's very insightful!

Our final video for the year is a special one.

From the very beginning, we planned out Mru as one movie, telling a singular and powerful story across one Scene Recreation from every single Marvel Movie, (Avengers (2012) - Spider-Man Far from Home (2019.)

Which we split into parts for a broader reach across YouTube.

Now that dream has become a reality. All our Scene Recreations can now be experienced as one gigantic movie and massive video.

This includes: Extended Scene Recreations, Scene Recreations never before seen on these forums, Full-Screen versions of Scene Recreations previously only available in Side by Side Comparisons, Endgame Style like- Credits featuring everyone who ever worked on Mru, and more.

Features:

- Avengers (2012) Battle for New York Scene Recreation

- Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1 VFX Test Scene Recreation,

- Extended Director's Cut Avengers Endgame Cosplayer Portals Recreation: 20 seconds of additional footage, improved color grading/lighting Audio fixed for a smoother and pleasing experience to the ears, All shots in Full-Screen High Definition, and more.

- All Scene Recreations no Intermissions,

- Restored Deleted Scene Infinity War SR,

- Endgame like- Stylized Credits featuring everyone who ever worked on Mru, and the country they are from.

- Captain Marvel Scene Recreation One Screen Version,

- Far From Home Scene Recreation with Original Film Audio and fixed White Balance issues,

-Extended Winter Soldier High Way Fight Scene Recreation,

-and more.

This film took me and my team six years to complete. (First day of Prep/ planning December 2015 - Final day of Compositing December 2021.)

This is the way Marvel Recreation Universe is meant to be experienced.

This is The Marvel Recreation Universe Movie.

Link:

The video is finally out! Yeey! 🎉🥳
You all have worked really hard to create these recreational series! Your dedication and energy have attracted many people in this project :D I am always happy to see such projects and I can only hope that this is just the beginning of something bigger, because it has a lot of potential!

Our final video for the year is a special one.

From the very beginning, we planned out Mru as one movie, telling a singular and powerful story across one Scene Recreation from every single Marvel Movie, (Avengers (2012) - Spider-Man Far from Home (2019.)

Which we split into parts for a broader reach across YouTube.

Now that dream has become a reality. All our Scene Recreations can now be experienced as one gigantic movie and massive video.

This includes: Extended Scene Recreations, Scene Recreations never before seen on these forums, Full-Screen versions of Scene Recreations previously only available in Side by Side Comparisons, Endgame Style like- Credits featuring everyone who ever worked on Mru, and more.

Features:

- Avengers (2012) Battle for New York Scene Recreation

- Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1 VFX Test Scene Recreation,

- Extended Director's Cut Avengers Endgame Cosplayer Portals Recreation: 20 seconds of additional footage, improved color grading/lighting Audio fixed for a smoother and pleasing experience to the ears, All shots in Full-Screen High Definition, and more.

- All Scene Recreations no Intermissions,

- Restored Deleted Scene Infinity War SR,

- Endgame like- Stylized Credits featuring everyone who ever worked on Mru, and the country they are from.

- Captain Marvel Scene Recreation One Screen Version,

- Far From Home Scene Recreation with Original Film Audio and fixed White Balance issues,

-Extended Winter Soldier High Way Fight Scene Recreation,

-and more.

This film took me and my team six years to complete. (First day of Prep/ planning December 2015 - Final day of Compositing December 2021.)

This is the way Marvel Recreation Universe is meant to be experienced.

This is The Marvel Recreation Universe Movie.

Link:
You need a big bottle of champagne for this! I have no idea how you all did it but great job!

The video is finally out! Yeey! 🎉🥳
You all have worked really hard to create these recreational series! Your dedication and energy have attracted many people in this project :D I am always happy to see such projects and I can only hope that this is just the beginning of something bigger, because it has a lot of potential!
Indeed! :) (y)

Thank you, Maura! Appreciate the support you have given our Production on these Forums.😀 The Possibilities for the future are exciting!

Great job!
Any plans for the upcomming 2022?
Thank you, Oskar! Great question. Our Behind the Scenes series featuring BTS footage and interviews with our Cast / Crew will continue into 2022 for the episodes we have left. (BTS Age of Ultron - Far from Home SR'S.) Along with some other plans, but they, for now, shall remain a surprise.:)

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 4: Deleted Scene: Infinity War: Thor arrives in Wakanda Scene Recreation.

A deleted scene from our Recreation Movie. This scene was cut because it proved too be similar to our Thor Ragnarok Thor vs Hulk Scene Recreation and slowed down the pacing/flow of our film.

Each of the five main characters of our film, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Star-Lord have individual character arcs and their journeys within our film.
This was meant to be Thor Actor Jake Kaufman's big character moment.

This scene also features Jake Kaufman's best performance as Thor.

Marvel Recreation Universe BTS Episode 4: Deleted Scene: Infinity War: Thor arrives in Wakanda Scene Recreation.

A deleted scene from our Recreation Movie. This scene was cut because it proved too be similar to our Thor Ragnarok Thor vs Hulk Scene Recreation and slowed down the pacing/flow of our film.

Each of the five main characters of our film, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Star-Lord have individual character arcs and their journeys within our film.

I missed seeing your content, Dustin! :D Even though the scene is similar to Thor Ragnarok Thor vs Hulk Scene, it is still a good scene!

I am a fan of your project, Dustin! Each time when you post, I am so eager to watch the video!

I am a fan of your project, Dustin! Each time when you post, I am so eager to watch the video!
Thank you, Nial! Appreciate the kind words. Awesome! Mru is officially back with our Behind the Scenes content for 2022. Plenty more BTS videos are on the way!

Thor's cosplay is neat 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back