Lily The Toaster - Trailer

I think the premise (as far as it can be made out - Mediterranean widow/cuckold disdains conventional pets in favour of a rather bland looking toaster) is pretty weak. Criticisms of the trailer specifically would be the Arial font you use, making it look very amateurish. If you were hot on the premise you could have found a better looking toaster - Lily looks plain boring/bored and pretty ugly. The woman, too, has that air of a kind of depressing normality that never lends itself kindly to film. That said, it seems she can throw an apple pretty well (that particular apple roll is lovely - I wonder how many take it took). But, overall, the prospect of feeding a toaster dog food and water is not interesting enough to really get to the great aspects of magical realism, and isn't interestingly shot enough to merit any kind of interest from the viewer. I guess that you're at, have just left, or aspire to be at film school? What little notable cinematographic aspects that there are are limp and bland. The framing is off sometimes and the overall aesthetic (of the colour and contrast especially) reminds me of a Neighbour's episode.

Thank you for you honest opinion. I really appreciate since it helps me to improve on my work.

It is true that maybe the trailer does not work that well, but the finished piece is actually being very succesful. It's been acepted in three film festivals and I'm going to send it to many more.

I might and try to put up another trailer that will complement better the film.

Thanks!

Network Sponsors

Back