IMPORTING PAL VIDEO

jody

I am editing video from Hungary and I have imported it using the PAL 25fps setting. Unfortunately the video looks a little out of whack. Is the an optimizing setting I am missing? Has anyone ever edited PAL video in Premier Pro.

Respectfully,
Jody

Re: IMPORTING PAL VIDEO

jody said:
I am editing video from Hungary and I have imported it using the PAL 25fps setting. Unfortunately the video looks a little out of whack. Is the an optimizing setting I am missing? Has anyone ever edited PAL video in Premier Pro.

Respectfully,
Jody

Hi Jody,

I live in Italy, thus I shoot and edit in PAL. I have no problem editing 25p footage (Canon XM2)... What do you mean exatly by "out of whack"?

Out of Whack

Out of Whack

Well, I think I might have figured it out. I wanted to see how the video looked on my regular tv video monitor, so I took a two minute clip in the PAL project and exported it as a AVI file. I then imported the AVI file into a a standard NTSC 24fps project and looked at it on tv monitor. I had no sound and video was jumpy like slow motion. (basically I think importing it into an NTSC project to view on tv monitor was the problem) The other issue I am dealing with is that looking at the video it in the PAL 25fps settings computor monitor, the video seems a little grainy. Is there a setting that I am missing or will it be fine when I am done editing and the final product will be perfect full quality? Any ideas? Thanks so much for helping me.

Respectfully,
Jody

Network Sponsors

Back