importing avid files into FCP?

I had to do this a couple years ago. I had to render out the footage as a full quality dv file and then import that into FCP. that's another reason I don't like avid. it's a pain to move footage between apps unless you're using only their stuff.

Automatic Duck makes a product that handles this very well.

Auto Duck is a great product but it should be noted that you have to recapture the media as it just imports an offline list I believe. That is by far the best way to move from Avid to FCP, exporting an edl, batch list or something like Auto Duck from Avid and recaptuing in FCP. Avid uses its own media format which makes the media incompatible without destructive conversions. This isn't better or worse than FCP it's just different. Both ways have advantages and disadvantages.

VERY worth looking into. There's no easier way to work between all these differnt apps than Automatic Duck. At our next two S. LA. FCP User Group meetings (www.slfcpug.org) we'll be giving away gift certificates for Automatic Duck Plug-ins. Very cool company to deal with, great folks, very nice, very supportive.

http://www.automaticduck.com/products/

Network Sponsors

Back