how to convert a flash animation(swf) for dvd

solobird

i tried to convert 2 flash animations(swf) into quick time movie files, so that i can create dvds for the video installation.
this piece was done in 2000. cdr was the choice at that time.
what is the best method to convert a .swf file into .mov file. i got very blurry image when i explored quick time movie from flash program.
please check this project's web streamming version at
http://www.solobird.com/fancy.html
these 2 animations were done in flash, using its drawing tool. each charactor's movement was created frame by frame.
i thought about exploring each flame's drawing into illustrator files, then start over the animations in after effect. it will take a lot of time....

any suggestion?

How big are the files? Send them to me and I will recode them free.

Giant,
thank you so much.

the swf files i have are less than 1mb.
i planning to reedit them in flash program to get higher resolution, bigger size in order to get best screen view on the wall.
( each movie in 8 x 6 ft. the characters in the animate will be in life size)

what the maximun file size you can accept?
what program/ hardwares you have to process recoding?

many thanks again.

First thing to do is try and decompile the file using whatever I need to get the best in frame accuracy. To do that I would experiment with Photoshop, Flash, and or After Affects. To recode I would use Canopus Pro Coder, it allows me to get the best results. I can accept 3 Meg files via email or I can give you my FTP site to upload up to 100 MB. Since you are talking about DVD output I assume you want MPEG 2 files as your final format. There are also HD choices but they require knowing what type of projector or monitor is used. The real trick is to get the frame rate to look as you the artist intended.

Giant

Giant,

thank you so much.
i am preparing my coming exhibition in May.
after the show open, i will be able to redo this project.

this animation once was presented on a MAC screen, since the gallery doesn't have any projector.

i will do some more reserch on projectors/screens. in my vision, i will like to make the characters in live size. so it will be at least 8* 6 (ft).

thanks again

- lien

If you want to get the best quality You need to use Flash to Video Encoder. Do a search and you will find many programs and reviews.

Convert your Macromedia Flash (swf) Movies to AVI Video
Flash To Video Encoder 2.0 program only allows you converts any Macromedia Flash (swf files) to video movie AVI or mp4 file. I am on Mac platform. Need to output quick time video file.

QuickTime should easily be able to read AVI format... if you own the pro version, you can then export the AVI as a different file type if you need it to be somethign different.

However, a note... MP4, video and movie are all QuickTime formats.

Best of luck.

StNas said:
If you want to get the best quality You need to use Flash to Video Encoder. Do a search and you will find many programs and reviews.

a PRO one is dvd burner

Network Sponsors

Back