How do I correct red eye from a dedicated light

windleg

I'm using and learning FCP5. I have a red eye problem. The fisrt time I've seen this happen. One of the cameras uses an attached light and this time most of one persons' footage shows red eye.

Is there a way to correct this?

whoa wait...red eye in video? I don't believe I've ever seen that. Anyone else ever seen something like that?

As far as I know, it's a still camera problem. Happens when a flash goes off and bounces off the retina because the iris of the subject's eye is wide open (dilated). The reflection of the light causes a red spot in the eye.

So, I'm not sure how you're getting red eye in video. If the light is on constantly, the subject's eye would automatically adjust accordingly; thus, no red eye.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're talking about?

red eye is common. due to the light's position it refracts off the person's inner eye.. the retina I believe...

Anyway.. there is no quick fix to this problem. one way of fixing it is with an after effects program, to darken the retina, but then you would have to animate the closing of the puples and add motion track to the eyes

AND it will take away any sign of a human soul if there is no gleam, due to it being covered by a black spot.

So best way to fix it fast... go out and reshoot it... and its only because of the position of the camera with the light and the eye.... its weird..

Well GL!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the information.

I'd never seen red eye in video either. You may have the right idea to re shoot.

Network Sponsors

Back