Hi I’m new here! Thought I’d share my latest work for feedback :)

My name is Asher Pike, I’m very thankful for being accepted into this site. I hope to become friends with people here, to give and gain advice. I am an aspiring film director, novel writer, musical composer and editor. Just 16 as well so I really appreciate all advice and feedback on my work from other people. Here is my first real short film that took me 2 years to make, trial and error. It’s a 20 minute fantasy film that I wrote, acted, edited, shot and composed etc. I’ve tried to make it in the style of a slow grind with an emotional and deep twist at the end. I’d love your feedback, tips, advice and honesty. Also if any of you want me to watch and review your film on youtube with a comment and like just ask :).

My advice is you do something completely different. Do one horror, one comedy, one tragic romance, one with a female protagonist, and definitely do a documentary. It can be about anything. How your family, neighborhood, and school are dealing with the coronavirus for example. Don't do the same thing. Just my advice. You are doing well but at your age, I think you are going to have much greater success if you broaden your repertoire. You can always come back to this short.

My advice is you do something completely different. Do one horror, one comedy, one tragic romance, one with a female protagonist, and definitely do a documentary. It can be about anything. How your family, neighborhood, and school are dealing with the coronavirus for example. Don't do the same thing. Just my advice. You are doing well but at your age, I think you are going to have much greater success if you broaden your repertoire. You can always come back to this short.

I wish I could do that and just leave my feature film series aside, but I’ve been planning it my whole my life so it’s kinda too late to turn back now.
i am working on many other short films at the same time as well though and you have some pretty great ideas, thank you so much :)
As for coming back to this short (that I posted above) its had a huge success online, 700 views in one week, its been praised by loads of people and all that. Thanks for your ideas and stuff.

Nice start to your "career"... I truly hope it pans out for you. I'm a composer/sound designer and couldn't help noticing the music and sound design (for your trailer) and it's need for additional attention... your stuff is effective but it needs "next level" attention... the audio mix and balance as well. Sudden swells and decreases in the mix and a lack of "ambience sounds" (hint: the piano at the end is too loud and dry)... keep up the great ambition.

Andy Kotz/AKMusic Productions
www.akmusicproductions.com

Thank you, thanks for pointing out the need for additional sound design for my trailer, I’ll take that advice and use it well :).
What did u think of my short btw?

Network Sponsors

Back