16:9 PAL COMPOSITION SETTING ISSUE

kaay

Text is appearing very blurry on my 16:9 Plasma. 14px (Ariel Reg) text almost unreadable. I am burning my DVD in DVD Studio pro
AE 7 setting are:
COMP SIZE: 1024X576 (SQUARE PX)
RENDERING SETTING: QUICKTIME (ANIMATION) FULL RESOLUTION
Importing in DVD studio and encoding there.

DVD STUDIO ENCODING SETTING:
ASPECT RATIO: 16:9
FIELD ORDER: AUTO
MODE: TWO PASS VBR
BIT RATE: 5.5
MAX BIT RATE: 7.2
MOTION ESTIMATION: BEST

Please let me know where I am making mistake.

I think the problem is the quicktime format trans to mpeg2
and i don't get it: why your video size is 1024x576, the letter box?
the standard pal size is 720x576
if you still have the project file, try to re-render it to avi or tga(or tiff)
I think that will keep the hi-quality image.
quicktime format (.mov)is a very special format, different from any other format, if you render some low-size pic, you will find the image quality is improve, i don't know why, but it is still a low standard format, just fit for preview, if you want your work be publish or be show in the big screen, try some popular format, that will escape from a lot of trouble.

And "SQUARE PX" may be the mistake
we know that the pixel in the computer is square
but in the tv, it will be Rectangular
and your comp size is not the standard
so, that's maybe the problem

If your rendering out of aftereffects for DVD you should use DV PAL or the equivalent for NTSC instead of Animation. Make sure you go into the compression settings and make it 16:9 with best quality.

Also because your dimensions are 1024 by 576 with square pixels you will need use stretch the movie to 720 by 576 in the render queue settings before rendering it out. When you view the movie in quicktime it will look squashed but DVD Studio Pro will recognise that the 720 by 576 is anamorphic (16:9).

All your DVD Studio Pro settings are fine, you could make the bit rate higher but I don't think it would make much difference. make sure you've picked the right format (either PAL or NTSC).

DV PAL doesn't look that good on the monitor but displays properly on TV.

You may have noticed that when you have a composition in aftereffects with 720 by 576 and widescreen pixels, it doesn't display as widescreen. To make it display with the correct pixel ratio, you click on the icon in the top right corner of the composition :arrow: , select view options and tick the aspect ratio button and it will display properly. So you don't have to have 1024 by 576 with square pixels and you wouldn't have to stretch it. :)

That's a long answer for a simple question.

Network Sponsors

Back