what are some of the criterias for an African movie to be accepted on Netflix

Jokfu peter

I am writing this African story about trade and education which will be produced in our local language. My target is Netflix and to win the Oscars.

Please any ideas on how best I can write this stories, what are the keys points to consider

From what I know about Netflix, they are the ones to chose to include your movie in their database. You can try working with indie distribution companies such as Distribber (that is owned by Indiegogo, the crowdfunding platform). They charge a fee up to $1600 but you keep all the rights to your movie and all the revenue goes to you. Even if you make it to Netflix, you need a lot of people to hype your movie and you need a lot of exposure. You also need a legitimate IMDB listing, a great score on Rotten Tomatoes and a wide press coverage. Also you can try more than one independent streaming service, don't settle just for one when you are just starting :) Regardless I wish you good luck !

Winning the Oscar and getting listed on Netflix is really hard, but not impossible. It would be easier if COVID wouldn't be around because you could go to events and meet the right people to help you out with this and make them know about your project. Now it is harder because you need to base your odds online and there are many people who are online and competition must be really tough...

I admire your determination to win an Oscar! If you put your mind to it, you have all the chances! First, you need to study all the Oscar sections where you can earn a prize: Rules & Eligibility
I hope this link will help you. It would also help if you could talk to someone who already earned an Oscar. Or maybe look for interviews with that person. Tips and tricks are usually given in direct conversations :)

I wish to thank you all for your contributions the forum is really helpful and you guys are amazing. I will put your advice in to good use .

Winning the Oscar and getting listed on Netflix is really hard, but not impossible. It would be easier if COVID wouldn't be around because you could go to events and meet the right people to help you out with this and make them know about your project. Now it is harder because you need to base your odds online and there are many people who are online and competition must be really tough...
Thanks so much . I will work harder

Network Sponsors

Back