Rebel without a Deal New Book

VinceRocca

Rebel without a Deal is an underdog story about how a High School dropout made his first movie in five days for $11,000, landed and lost a multi-million dollar deal with National Lampoon, later releaseing the movie through Warner Bros. where it went on to gross over one million dollars.

It's a lot like Robert Rodriguez's book Rebel without a Crew, but this is what happens when the million dollar Sundance deal doesn't come through.

The book also contains conversations with director Kevin Smith as he discusses his journey and relates his experience with Clerks.

The first 33 pages can be read here.

It's available in paperback at <a href="https://www.createspace.com/3498509">Amazon</a> and on Kindle, Nook and the iPad.

Before you go, do a favor for a fello filmmaker. Visit <a href="http://www.rebelwithoutadeal.com" target="_new">the books main page</a> to click LIKE for you FB friends. AND if you got another moment, click the TWEET button and tweet to your peeps.

I got this book and I loved it. For anyone looking to make a feature film, this book has tons and tons of helpful info. I particularly like the aspects on distribution and returns because that is what most books leave out.

Hi

Hi

Hi Vince,
thanks for the post. I understand you have been in the filmmaking bussiness for a long time. I wonder, would you have any advice or be interested in the project I posted here below (see Underworld)?
Tx,
Rene

I wonder, would you have any advice or be interested in the project I posted here below (see Underworld)?
I'd be interested in seeing it. I dig ancient egypt.

As far as advice... Right now you are at the novel stage of what appears to be an epic story that will need a big budget. If the book becomes a best seller, then Hollywood will come knocking and you'll be fine. If it doesn't, you'll need to find a fan of the novel who is willing and able to adapt it into a screenplay. That person will option your story. Then that person would need to shop it around to find a producer who would then need to shop it around, attach talent and money. That is a long complicated road.

If I were you I would ignore movie adaptation and concentrate on getting the book sold. Move a bunch of units and make it popular so Hollywood comes to you.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi,
thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated. I posted a link to my website in the e-mail above, in case you want to know more. First 3 chapters are there. The book will be coming out in spring 2011.
Rene

Hi there!

Hi there!

This sounds interesting for me! I was in the same situation couple of years ago. I was a horse caretaker before I'm dropped into the cinematography.

I'm sure this is the Domino Effect :)

Network Sponsors

Back