Quality Digital Cameras

C

Collisions77

Hi...I'm kind of new to the whole filming thing, so I was wondering if you knowledgeable veterans could help me out...I understand that professional quality is best found in film cameras, but is it possible to get the same quality with a digital camera? If so, what camera do you recommend?

Video and film are different because they basically are not designed for the same purpose : video for television, film for theaters.

Of course things have widly evoluated since television broadcasts many movies (but what is a movie on a TV screen compared to a 10 m large projection in a theater ?) and since the ability of transfering video to film has gone better and better.

But, having the same quality as film when you want to go to the big screen and shoot video is a dream unless you want to spend just as much as you would if shooting film.

Some famous feature lengths (star wars episode 3...) were shot in digital video bacause they involved a lot of digital post production work, that is easier to do if you shoot digital at the start. But it doesn't cost less.

Some other things are done this xay for other reasons but what I can tell you is that if you only plan to show your work on a TV set, video is good enough, for sure, if you want to show it in a theater, video won't be as good or cheaper than film.

In conclusion, it's possible to have nearly the same quality if you spend a lot, if you're looking for quality, film is affordable in such formats as 16 mm or super 16, and shooting video can be much cheaper, but then the quality won't be there for a big screen.

Good luck in your projects, welcome to this forum !

Regards,

Network Sponsors

Back