Problems capturing using a Canon GL2

K

keeper5

I've been unable to capture my raw footage into the latest version of final cut pro using my Canon GL2 camera. When I go to the log and capture menu, the preview window only shows color bars. I am able to control the camera using the keybord at this point, am able to see the contents of the tape on the external monitor, and I've double checked all the settings and preferences. Everything is working as it should except the preview window will not show what I'm seeing on the monitor, therefore it will not capture any footage into Final Cut. Any suggestions?

Are you using "Firewire Basic"?
Are you using standard NTSC-DV capture preset?

Yes, I've tried firewire "basic" and DV-NTSC capture preset and it still didn't change...

playback

playback

Try having your camera in playback mode and on when you launch FCP. Sometimes it wont read unless the camera is already on. If that doesn't work I would try a new firewire cable. You could import from any minidv camera if the GL2 continues to not work.

Hi,

1st. Try capturing from the camera and when the colour bars appear and no picture, don't close any windows including the import window and go back into the easy setup option and choose firewire dv ntsc. See if the output from the camera appears in the import window.

2nd. Also you could try to deleting the preference files for FCP. They may have got damaged/corrupt. :)

http://www.grafxflow.co.uk/forum/

Can't Capture with GL2

Can't Capture with GL2

Try disconnecting all other firewire cables from all other ports on the computer except the camera.

Re: Can't Capture with GL2

Re: Can't Capture with GL2

The problem is not your firewire ports, the problem is the way your sysetm is set up for playback during capture. You actually are capturing footage perfectly fine. There are a lot of things to check. Email me (benb at bbalser dot com) and I can get you a check list. One of about a dozen setting inside FCP itself are not right.

But the firewire connections are obviously not the problem, and are working fine. Otherwise you'd have no camera control, and you'd not see anything on your external monitor.

Drop me a line.

Canon GL series capture

Canon GL series capture

I had a bit of trouble with my Canon GL1 when i first upgraded to Final Cut Studio and the new intel iMac 24". The new final cut kept finding time breaks.
Luckily I kept my old iMac and good old Final Cut 3.04. It worked perfectly on that.

I did discover that the heads had gotten dirty. When was the last time you used a head cleaner on your GL12?

Network Sponsors

Back