Problems with capturing

A

Anette

Hello guys, I'm new at the fora. I was so happy to find an AVID forum in here since I'm not that experienced with the program yet and tend to need a lot of help. English is not my first language (I'm Norwegian) so please excuse all my spelling errors.

Well the thing I'm having problems with right now is capturing my tapes in AVID. It keeps coming up error messages saying "insuffient space on drive" this is not because there is no space on the drive. My teacher helped me with the same problem before, he changed some settings, but I cant remember what he did. Does anybody know?
I'd be more that thankful for any help! :)

Anette

Are you sure you're capturing to the correct drive? The capture window will show you which drive you're capturing to and tell you how much time is left on it.

On the caturing window it says that all drives are filled out. If I go back to my old project though I still got more space to capture on my C drive. If I make it so that it's two drives showing, it says V Disk (00:00:00:00) and A Disk (13:10:28:00) So I got more space, but it still wont capture, I keep getting the same message "insuffient space on drive".

I hope that was understandable.. does anybody know :?

Thanks so much for your reply Mark :)

Which drive is set for the video disk? Sounds like you're using different disks for video and audio and the video disk really is full.

I got 7,97 GB left on my C drive and 8,56 GB left on my D drive. No matter what I change it to in the capturing window the video disk doesnt show a thing. On my other project it's all set on the C dive. But when I opened a new one, the button only shows "all dives filled out" and I have to change it into two seperat tracks to get some time for the audio.

There are obviously some setting that are wrong, I just cant figgure out what.. :?

This sounds like you're using non-partitioned hard drives for your work. Also, this sounds like you're not using an avid tower of space.

Like everyone else has suggested, do the following:

> Make sure that youre Video & Audio drive are the same
> Make sure that you're not capturing too much at once... this is normally not a problem with an avid, but when you're not using a tower of storage separate from internal drives, it behaves like any other high-end program... and HATES big files.
>Sounds like your A Drive should be the drive of choice for you.

As for anything else you might try... it sounds like it's a school computer so I'm not going to go into suggesting too many technical ideas, because I'd hate to get you & your school into a pile of trouble. I suggest getting in touch with your teacher & have the school bring an Avid tech out to look at the system to make sure it's all good.

Best of luck.

Network Sponsors

Back