noob needs help

M

maestro

Yeah, so, i hate to admit this, but when it comes to filmmaking, i am definitely a noob. i've made only one short film with my parents' sony handicam. i was wondering if anyone knew of any good cameras for $1000 or less. if so, should i buy one of those cameras, or just save my money for an XL2, which is what i really want.

1. save would be my recommendation.
2. you don't need a good camera to make good movies. It's all about story and visual storytelling. Not the sophistication of the equipment (at least not initially this shouldn't be a great concern).

thank you very much. that makes me feel much better!

if i bought the body of the camera, could i use a lens from a still camera if i had an adapter?

If you have the correct adapter sure. Canon lenses are really high quality.

If your current camera works well I'd think the best thing for you to do is buy a tripod (I have a good one that was about $25). It will make your image look more professional and stable. Then you can save up for your dream camera.

If you still want a good relatively cheap camera now I'd suggest looking into the Panasonic cameras in your price range. Read the customer reviews (chances are if it's by Panasonic it'll be great! I say that from good experiences with two long-lasting Panasonic cameras).

actually i already have a decent tripod that works well with my current camera.

i don't really have a problem with continuing to use my current, although it is just a Sony Handicam, but i know my way around it and know how to handle it. i'd just like to have a more professional look to my movies, but that doesn't have to happen immediately.

Network Sponsors

Back