Netflix Needs To Support Mothers

Hey film people and Netflix watchers! I've made a video about Netflix's recent virtue signalling towards their treatment of pregnant women that I think is really important to be aware of, especially as it's the industry we are wanting to join, and may eventually shape.

---Background---
Netflix recently released 'Motherhood in Focus' a video that was supposed to be celebrating the resilience of women and mothers in the film industry - but what it actually does is just showcase how little support they get - support which they deserve.

Netflix "showcase how little support they get" - this is one of the main issues, instead of offering an alternative and investing energy into it and exposure, you just focus on the problem and let the world figure out what to do. I am a woman and will probably be a mother one day and yes, I'm aware of these problems but there is no alternative, no one offering a direction to fight in. I like your video, you have solid arguments, the only thing I would change is that the light was behind your back and your face was a bit darkened and the quality would greatly improve if you would switch the angle and have the light in your face :D

I know my reply is belated, but I wanted to give my two cents. Despite Netflix's hiccups in addressing important issues like motherhood support, it's awesome that these big streaming giants are shedding light on crucial social issues. It opens up conversations and hopefully leads to positive change. On a lighter note, did you know you can make money watching Netflix? Recently discovered this amazing opportunity, and it's such a cool way to earn while enjoying the best shows and series! Just wanted to share the tip.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back