Need ideas for creating a prop

gabexwolf

Hello! I am a student filmmaker and I am working on a film and need some help with a prop for a particular scene. In the scene, someone accidentally drops a live goldfish into a glass of red wine. I don't want to use anything in the glass that isn't water, as I don't want to actually kill/sicken the goldfish. Any thoughts on how to fake dark liquid? It is shot in black& white, so color doesn't matter. I was thinking of maybe painting the glass, but that may look too fake.

Thank you! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Film the scene with and without the fish from the same angle. Then use masking tool to make it fit :) Worst case, you can always edit it frame by frame.

Oh dear, now this is a real challenge! Your concern for the little fish is lovely. How about using tea? I don't believe it would harm the little fish if you would use black tea. You will not let that fish in that tank for long and I doubt it will harm him.

Hello! I am a student filmmaker and I am working on a film and need some help with a prop for a particular scene. In the scene, someone accidentally drops a live goldfish into a glass of red wine. I don't want to use anything in the glass that isn't water, as I don't want to actually kill/sicken the goldfish. Any thoughts on how to fake dark liquid? It is shot in black& white, so color doesn't matter. I was thinking of maybe painting the glass, but that may look too fake.

I know I’m a little late here but why don’t you simply shoot the scene with regular water and then colored it to look like wine in post with After Effects?

ok, i'm way too late but you might use this trick for something else.. cook some beet root. keep the juice. a few drops in your water will give you red wine. it's also good for making fake blood.

Network Sponsors

Back