Cheap Camcorder Ideas? need advice for the multitude and I

Kalib Kliniske

I currently own a Canon xl1. I love it but it's too bulky to take around on band tours and get off-stage footage. I checked the other posts but it got down to around 2005 so I stopped there and decided to request some up to date advice.

I got some pocket change of about 300 bucks. I would like to contrast and compare ideas so any recommendations for a cheap, small camcorder would be taken to heart. This will also help out others in my shoes. thanks.

(persuade me enough and I might be able to find a little more of that "pocket change" for a better camera) :wink:

If you think the XL1 is not good for hand held, you're in trouble. Not much else with that quality will be any easier. Unless I'm not understanding the question. $300 is not going to get you anything near the image quality of the XL1.

XL1 quality is clearly impossible for a small camcorder. I just want something small and amazing coming from the crappy league of camcorders. The leader of the C team if you will. I should probably be asking someone at Best Buy for this but I want a reliable recommendation not one that their boss said is the best on the market because he glanced over the specs.

$300 will get you a full auto one-chip camera that will most likely give you a horrible quality image. The easiest way to get a camera on your budget is to go to an electronics store, and pick the prettiest looking one on the shelf. And as far as us persuading you to spend more, how do you expect us to care about he image quality of your work if you don't? My advice...deal with the XL-1...it's a good camera. There's no reason you should want to downgrade.

Network Sponsors

Back