miniDV camera for $300

B

Blackcrow

Hey everyone,
I just created a profile on for these forums and i am finding that everything that is going on is very helpful.

My previous camera just hit the bucket after all its gone through. I am currently a student film maker and i am looking for a new camera around the pricerange of $300(pops says thats the max. nothing i can do :( ). Anyways I have been researching across the net and I have kept my eye on the Panasonic MiniDV (PV-GS320). It is $412 new at circuit city and I am trying to find it for cheaper even if it is refurbished. It has 3CCD's and 3.1 megapixels so i figure i cant go wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better camera (w/ a mic jack) around the pricerange of 300$? I am hoping to get this camera within the next two weeks cause i have a deadline for my next movie, so any comments would be great.

Thanks!

One of my friends has one of those Panasonic models and I used it for some scenes in a short film before. I think for your price range it's the best value. If you buy something refurbished or off an internet fleamarket like eBay, you might get lucky.

I'm not sure what sort of films you're into doing, but word to the wise: that Panasonic doesn't do very well in dark lighting. Watch the lounge scenes at the beginning and end of my short film The Pursuit on youtube.com/dvidale

grace and peace,
DeAndre'

agreed

agreed

the panasonic GS Series is great, mainly for footage with bright sun light rather than any low light situations, on a nice day I can tweak my GS300 to look great!

Network Sponsors

Back