Mac VS Pc

maxtennessee

Hey, just to know, am I dumb not wanting to go with a Mac for editing, cause I'm really more familliar with a PC. Dealing with Adobe premiere pro 2.0 is good...also, would it really be that better to switch to AVID?

Max T.

a lot of it is personal preference, but you shouldn't be scared of using a mac. They really are good for video editing. I am a PC and a Mac guy, so I'm not biased. I love the Final Cut Pro suite, much more so than Premiere. However, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and Audition are great products. It's a matter of taste.

Filmosity is absolutely right, but my 2 cents: Mac! And get the whole FCP bundle. Just because Avid was first, doesn't mean they're the best. I'm a little biased though...I was a professional editor and had to learn Avid when things started shifting from film. At the time, I HATED avid. We constantly had to use "workarounds" to do stuff, and the cut lists where never completely accurate (thank god we were following with a film cut!). But those were the early days of Avid, and things do change, but I'll never get rid of that bad taste in my mouth. Besides, if FCP is good enough for Walter Murch...

Dan

it all depends on personal preference.

If you can do a good job with the tools you have got why change.

if it aint broke dont fix it

There are different programs that are good for both applications of PC and Macintosh. I have found that for a PC, Adobe Premiere and Vegas 6 work just fine for anything that I work on. For Macs, Final Cut and Avid tend to stay at top of the line software, and the Mancs also work very well for editing and rendering, even though thats pretty much all Macs are good for.

I've worked with everything under the moon...

personaly I feel that Avid is a great editing tool, but only because I've had experience editing on flatbeds for film....

I feel that I'm able to do my work alot faster and more efficiently with avid due to the resemblence to working linearly.

other then that... I just find I make better choices with Avid compaired to other editors... but you can pretty much do the same with Final Cut Pro... Avid is allot less flash, Better on PC, then Mac... but since the Intel Chips are now being put into mac they are starting to develope again..

OK now this is the tie breaker for you... and this is the choice you are GOING to make...

BUY A MAC... and these are your reasons why.

the new Intel Macs have dual boot... this means, on half the hard drive, you've got Mac. on the other half you've got Windows..

Both work independently from one another... and both do EXacly what both doo...... Sooooooooo the new Macs with Intel chips let you have the best of both words... and the mac looks pretty too lol

and apearently... macs are for artists and pc's are for accountants lol

GL choosing!

I use a Mac for all things creative, such as video editing, and a pc for the rest. Mac is considered by many to be the industry standard for video production. It just seems that Macs are configured from the start to handle such applications without a lot of fuss. Not to mention, ILM has rooms full of Apple G5s. If it's good enough for them I guess it's good enough for me.

yup, it's mostly a matter of taste. but pound for pound, i find macs are a lot faster for video. just my two cents worth. but still, i use PC 90% of the time

Network Sponsors

Back