LA Film School

M

MasterOfHorror

If you went to the LA Film School, can you tell me what it was like. The teachers, the students, did you learn alot?, etc.

i'm sorry i can't help you, but all i have to say is: 60 bucks for an application fee? yikes!

sorry ... i am poor :]

I looked into USC- they want a lot for an application fee.

la film

la film

i went and looked at the "campus" which was a building beside a Jack in Box in LA... everyone seemed nice, but the facility seemed a bit old. i did not go though so sorry i can't help and sorry if i offended anyone who has been there... i know nothing about the program, just giving my 2 cents on what i felt when i visited

I went to the LA Film School. I searched around at many other schools in NYC, Philly, and LA. The LA Film school seemed to offer what I needed the best way. I was doing the 4 year college thing and couldnt handle all that other nonsense, so a 1 year immersion program really intrigued me. They had alot of equipment and were really hands on. The school was fairly new and I felt like a bit of a guinea pig to them because they didnt know exactly how to operate at times. But I learned alot and had one of the best times of my life during that year. Most importantly, I took away from the school what I wanted to. If you slack off, you take nothing away when you graduate, but if you use the equipment all on your own time and do as much as you can do, you can take alot away.
Also, the price isnt that bad because it is only for one year, not four years, and its for the full 12 months, and really nice equipment use. The other upside, is that you own everything you shoot, unlike USC and AFI where the school owns your film.
Anyway, I am currently in the Philippines and there is a film school I work with called the International Academy of Film and Television. They are a one year immersion program as well. The equipment is top quality and have huge sound stages and teachers from hollywood. Overall, seems like the same deal but is in the Philippines and way less money. The cost of living while at school out here is going to be a lot less, so you have more to put into your film. You also can have more exotic background and setting instead of the cliche hollywood sign. check out www.filmschool.ph

thanks, hope this helped!

Network Sponsors

Back