I suggest a Festivals/promo forum

F

Filmosity

Hey Kim,

Maybe you should think about creating a forum specifically for festivals, contests, and student film promotions. That way people don't bog down this one with all that stuff.

Just a suggestion.

I am thinking about it

I am thinking about it

I am thinking about it. They have a festival post section and the classifieds to post all that stuff in. You really think they need another post here in the forums?

Kim

I do, because the people who would want to see stuff like that generally peruse these forums, not the classifieds.

To be honest, the majority of the time, I use these forums. I hardly ever look at the classifieds. Have you considered moving the classifieds over here to this forum? In my opinion, it's much more convenient to have all that stuff in one place, as opposed to in different parts. Generally speaking, I don't think the people who spend a lot of time here see the classifieds very often.

So yes, I think at least a forum for festivals and promoting your endeavors (movies, movie related podcasts [hint, hint], and festivals) would be a great idea for the SF forums.

Just my 2 cents.

sponsors

sponsors

I really don't want the forums to be like that.

And one of the big problems with setting up promotion sections is that eveyone starts wanting to post everything they have for sale and promotion for free in our forums without any participation in any other way but to try to sell and they won't help us in any way with anything.

I don't like this at all and I think it takes away from our community in many ways when we do this. It certainly makes it harder to get financial sponsorship for all the cool things we want to do.

So, I don't think adding sections in the fourms or making it a free for all section for links in our forums is good for us.

We have those sections already in other areas and if people want more traffic and they want to sell things they can help us pay for the severs and other expenses.

We already make it pretty easy to get free promostion even if it is not the highest level of exposure.

You can post in the classifeds and people do look at them and you can repost every couple of days so you show up on the front page and on the top of the forums.

You can include a signature in your links when you post answer to questions.

The forums is for encouraging, inspiring and supporting filmmakers and our community and not the commercial word at large.

insighful posts are what we want here and we set up a links page for everything else in the classifieds and in the other sections of the site for the other stuff.

Network Sponsors

Back