Please suggest best teaching text w/ dvd/cd (media for text)

babylonslim

I am putting a course proposal in at the college I teach at to begin teaching Final Cut Express HD.
Could any of you please suggest a couple of good - thourough (a la Diane Weynard for Final Cut Pro) - texts from which to teach Final Cut Express HD?
The texts should obviously come with media that corresponds to the various chapters/topics on included CDs or DVDs.
I currently am teaching Adobe 6.5 on the older MACS that are being upgraded to dual procs., dual hds, G5s. With these upgrades, we will be installing Final Cut Express in the beiginnning, followed by FCP 5 or Suite in the future.

I thank you in advance for whatever consideration you may give this.

Is Final Cut Express 2 the same as Final cut express HD?

Is Final Cut Express 2 the same as Final cut express HD?

I am seeing several examples of texts for FCE 2.
Is this the same as FCE HD -- which is what I'm told is to be installed on our machines?

There is only one decent book on FCE HD and that's by Lisa Brenneis. It's the Visual Quickpro Guide. Its more of a reference book than a tutorial. The only real difference between version 2 and HD is that they threw in Soundtrack and Livetype and HDV support via the Apple Intermediary codec.

Another text you'll want to consider adding to your cirriculum is "In the Blink of an Eye" by Walter Murch ACE. This is a great book all about the editing process.

Michael Horton said:
There is only one decent book on FCE HD and that's by Lisa Brenneis. It's the Visual Quickpro Guide. Its more of a reference book than a tutorial.
Yeah, I've got that book as well, and it is very useful.

The Apple Pro Training Series, Final Cut Express HD book is the best there is, period.

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply

Yepper, the text by D. Weynand is the ONLY text (w/corresponding "media") on a dvd. All her books are great, thanks for your response.

Network Sponsors

Back