I need a book recommendation for this break

Winter holidays are almost here. It’s a great time to be jolly and look forward for the family dinner, however, this is also a great opportunity to relax and learn. I am planning to read a book in this short break.

I have been looking online for book suggestions. I have found a few books. I am not sure which one to pick. At Uni, our teachers recommend us to read books and we have a library where we can find those books. I have already finished reading those during the semester.

I would love to read about the basics of filmmaking in general, to learn more about the industry. If anyone could recommend me a book that is also friendly with my student budget, I would be very grateful!
pexels-dagmara-dombrovska-7131578.jpg

Hi Amy!
We have a Bookstore. Maybe you can find some inspiration here: https://studentfilmmakersstore.com/
Looking forward to hearing feedback about the book that you choose to read this break! :D

For me, winter holidays are indeed the perfect time to unwind and delve into a good book. If you're eager to explore the basics of filmmaking, "In the Blink of an Eye" by Walter Murch is a fantastic choice. Not only is it insightful and informative, but it's also budget-friendly, making it ideal for a student like yourself.
On another note, if you're looking to add some warmth to your reading list, Emily Henry books offer a cozy escape into heartfelt narratives with relatable characters. They're the perfect companion for a chilly winter evening.

Last edited:

Network Sponsors

Back