I am looking for a Filmmaker's collective group in New York

G

Gomez_Films

Hi, my name is Chuck and I am looking for a group of people whom are serious of making shorts in New York City. I wish to work on shorts as a lighting cameraman, and I would like to join a local discussion group. Currently, I own a camera and have access to small lighting packages. My work schedule can get crazy, yet I do get one day off in the work week. So, if any one is free to make compelling visual stories, please feel free to contact me. Thank you. :)

what do you think about weekly meetings...

what do you think about weekly meetings...

what do you think about some kind of weekly support meetings type of thing here in NYC?

Kim

Re: what do you think about weekly meetings...

Re: what do you think about weekly meetings...

I think a local discussion group will be great. Maybe, a monthly discussion group can be based on a similar model as the Final Cut Pro user group. Honestly, my vision of a discussion group is some what of a filmmakers' collective, what does everyone think?

chuck out

KimWelch said:
what do you think about some kind of weekly support meetings type of thing here in NYC?

Kim

I think we should at least try something

I think we should at least try something

I think we should try something and see how it goes. I will be back in the city on Mon. I am thinking about how to do it and thinking about what kind of format we might want to use.

Might be worth setting up a seperate forum for organising this kind of thing: could be fun to set up a similar group in London, if there were enough people here (no idea how many other UK people read the boards).

hey there,my name is jess and i just came to nyc. i think a local discussion group is a very good idea.i would definately join you guys...so i hope we could get started something... :D

HOW MANY

HOW MANY

ok ok we will do something then. Might start out as a coffee night in the confference room with a speaker. How many of you can make it to the city? We are on Broadway and 25th St. Tell your fellow film making addicts and fanatics and get them to post me a message so I have an Idea of what to plan for. There is one educator who said he would come and maybe he will give us a snapshot of the current climate. I would love to get Roy up here for it. Maybe we will at some point.

Kim

perfect...

perfect...

hey, i think thats just a great idea.i can make it easily to the city.when do you think to meet?take care,jess:)

we are going to do it

we are going to do it

If there are other people intersted let me know. i am afraid I am going to get set and do an announcment and we will have 200 people show up in a 90 person conference room! probably not but who knows right?

Kim

We are going to do this

We are going to do this

I think we are going to try to have a meeting in about three weeks or so. I will keep you posted. I will also send out and e-mail to everyone that is signed up for any of the newsletters and let you know the exact date and location.

I think we should also plan some kind of a party in DEC in NYC.

Kim

Network Sponsors

Back