How to timelapse, using DVX100

allan

Hi there, it's my first time using DVX100, and I have a hard time looking for the setting to create a timelapse image. I tried to change the shutter setting but the lowest setting for 24p is 1/24.

I think the setting is right there but I have problem in finding them.

Please somebody knock my head off and show me where to find that setting.

Allan

DVX100 or 100"a"?

DVX100 or 100"a"?

Hey Allan, welcome to the forums.

I do believe that 1/24 is the slowest shutter speed achieved by the DVX100. However, this feature has been re-engineered in the newer DVX100a model and you should be able to achieve shutter speeds as slow as 1/6 in 24p, 1/4 in 60i and 30p. Are you using the 100 or 100a?

Timlapse with DVX100

Timlapse with DVX100

Hey Jacob,

I am using dvx100a. I already found the setting for the effects I needed.
Thank you so much for your help.

I have one more question though, I was wondering what this mechanical sound I hear when I tilt the camera up and down when in VCR or OFF mode. The sound seems to be coming from the lens/front part of the camera. Sound disappears when switched to camera mode. Is it normal?

Hope you can help me with this, Thanks again!!!

Allan

Well, I've heard of this before on a DVX user forum months ago. It was concluded on those forums that there shouldn't be any reason to worry if it hasn't and/or doesn't interfere with the operation of the camera, being that there were some other people who noticed the same thing and continued to work with their camera free from any problems. But, I'd still suggest contacting Panasonic Broadcast tech support to get a direct answer and alleviate any lingering concerns over it becoming problematic in the future. 8)

Network Sponsors

Back