How to start...

NiceSloog

Hi everybody!!!

I'm a young Argentinian wannabe filmmaker who is currently living in Spain.
I've studied filmmaking almost 7 years ago but wasn't able to fully dedicate myself to a filmmaking career until now. Nevertheless I always kept myself informed and updated and reading and learning as much as I could.

As I said, I'm currently living in Barcelona and there are lots and lots of production companies here.

The thing is... I've been trying to get into it but there's just no way (at least no way I know of :D) I know just sending resumes isn't good enought to break into, but I just don't have the slightest idea of what is the path to be taken in order to gain the opportunity to prove your worth in this field.

If you could give me some advice about how to get started (and I don`t mean "write a script and shoot it" I mean working for others at first and making my way up little by little. It's just the first step seems impossible to climb!!) I will be eternally grateful.

THANKS A LOT!!

NICE

Nice, como estas?

Have you found a web site for Spain where they announce casting calls for extras? Even those that don't pay can be real companies doing real work, and
it can't hurt to meet people in the business face to face.

Try an internship with any of the studios. Granted there is competition there as well, but its hard for a company to turn down free help. The free part is hard to deal with but it can get you on a set, allow you to meet people and get and idea on how to get started. I personally have hired several interns over the years. Its hard to tell alot about someone from a resume, but when I see a hungry hard working person doing their thing, its obvious and stands out. The Xtra's option is a good idea as well.

David
Richter Studios
http://www.richterstudios.com
Video Production Services | Interactive CD-DVD | Presentation Services

Network Sponsors

Back