(Help)Updating firewire drivers?(HELP ASAP)

B

bubba_D

i have a panasonic pv-gs300 and i have a 24p camera when i try to log and capture on the panasonic it doesn't do it but when i use the other camera it works so i am thinking it's something to do with the drivers cause it recognizes my bigger camera but how do i update the drivers anyone know?

Bubba_D

Camera

Camera

Not all cameras work with FCP. You did not mention which version of FCP you are running but I checked the Apple Support site and the gs300 in not on the compatible lists for FCP 3, 4.0, or 4.1. I couldn't find the camera list for FCP HD but I am sure it is available somewhere. Good luck. JimT

Fcp 5

Fcp 5

i have fcp 5, can u look and see if the camera works with version 5 and is it not nothing i can download to make it work because when i first started capturing footage on it,it was doing it for me then one day it stopped can u help me with that please thanks

Camera

Camera

The problem you are experiencing could be caused by a number of factors. You are going to have to research this yourself because there is no way I can ask you all of the proper questions. It has to be the person working with the system that is doing the research...for instance, if you are working with an external drive, that could be your problem but the list goes on and on. I suggest you go to Apple Support for FCP (http://www.apple.com/support/finalcutpro/) type in key words that describe your problem and the search the articles and user forums for answers. Don't feel discouraged. This is the way I taught myself how to use FCP and I still use it today to solve problems. Occasionally, I will tackle the phonebook-size manuals and they can be helpful if you know what you are looking for. Perhaps other members of this community will have suggestions for you as well. Best of luck. JimT

Network Sponsors

Back