Help me to set up my boom mic

dannydigital

Hi wonderful people's, I just join this site and I was so happy to be part of studentfilmmakersforums.com
Here is what I need help for: I had a jvc 110u camcorder then I was trying to get a boom mic for it, now I have a shotgun and a boom pole but I don't know what else to get to make it work. I need names of what I need to get and the conection instuctions.. thanks.
....pls low budget will be helpful.

You need a cable long enough to run the length of your boom, across the floor, to the camera, and that's it. Oh, and someone with the endurance to hold the boom in place. It's pretty much that easy. Mic attaches to boom, cable attaches to Mic, other end of cable attaches to camera, boom guy holds the boom. That's it. You just need a Mic cable.

You can take the mic and camera into a musical instrument shop (that sells electronic instruments) and tell them how long of a cable you need, and it has to have those connectors. Mic connectors are pretty standard. You need a female at the Mic end, and probably a male at the camera end. I'm not familiar with the specific camera you have.

If it only takes the 1/8" "mini-din" plug, you'll have to get an adapter or something like a BeachTek box.

Network Sponsors

Back