Gear and plan for music video

Nuxinho

Hi. I decided to start making music videos. I currently live abroad and in next 4,5 years I'll go live back home where I plan to make music videos, but in meanwhile I want to learn as much as possible using camera, lenses, lights,...

So first I need camera and I thought buying panasonic gh4, because a lot of people suggested this camera for music videos and I specially like slow motion 96fps and 4k. Do you think I should buy another camera?

For lenses I thought buying Lumix g vario 12-35 mm f2.8. Do you think I should buy some cheaper kit lens for beginning or some other lens? Do you think I should get adapter and use some canon lenses or stick with native lenses?

So when I get used to camera and lens, then I was thinking get another lenses, stabilizer, lights,... ( meanwhile I will practise with my friends and shoot diferent type of videos, but not actually music videos, maybe one or two music videos per year when I go home for holidays).

Money is not a problem, but I think it's not good idea to throw a lot of money in the beginning.

Do you think that this is a good plan? What would you do in my situation?

Hi, Nuxinho; My name is Deejay, and I am a dialog scripter and music video visualizer who just joined the site. Do you need some great ideas for your music video projects? I'd love to collaborate with you on those, if and when you are ready. In the meantime, I am enclosing one (1) Sample Video Script (with some photo-still graphics I added to make it more visually appealing..), for your review. If you like what you see, then contact me: deejaybim@yahoo.com. Cheers!

Hi Nuxinho, I am into the filmmaking industry for 10 years and made many different types of videos. If your music videos have some low light shots (Evening/ Night) so I prefer you check the specification before buying and compare it with different products. You will need a stabilizer to avoid shakiness in your video.
For good videos, you need to check different angles while shooting and different transaction between clips; Check my website I have a sample video not related to music video but definitely you will get an idea.

Cheers! Keep Shooting!

Network Sponsors

Back