Finally a new tool for the stable

Snowy Rivers

Well I have been using two Sony V5000's and a Cannon L1 for the past 3 years to do my work.
The old Hi8 V5000's are doing a great job and still sluggin it out with the best of them but it was time to add a new unit to the tool box.
Yesterday I had some good fortune and made a deal that allowed me to step up a bunch.
Bought a slightly used Cannon XL2 for $2k
Looking forward to using this fine piece of equipment very soon.
My next addition will probably be one of the tape based HD cams.

Just sooooo happy to have the newer piece of equipment onboard.

All for now.

Best

Snowy

What editing software do you use?

What editing software do you use?

Well I have been using two Sony V5000's and a Cannon L1 for the past 3 years to do my work.
The old Hi8 V5000's are doing a great job and still sluggin it out with the best of them but it was time to add a new unit to the tool box.
Yesterday I had some good fortune and made a deal that allowed me to step up a bunch.
Bought a slightly used Cannon XL2 for $2k
Looking forward to using this fine piece of equipment very soon.
My next addition will probably be one of the tape based HD cams.

Just sooooo happy to have the newer piece of equipment onboard.

All for now.

Best

Snowy

Congratulation!
We bought the same one. We are beginner and looking for a easy to handle editing program for a documentary movie. We will do the movie in 24p.
Best regards

I am using Vegas video 5.0
Any of the newer Vegas versions are great.
I got the full version of 5 handed to me with the aquisition of a nice computer and a Sony Handycam that I still use to transfer my Hi8 video from the V5000 and L1 machines.

Versions 6, 7 and 8 have more tools and goodies to work with.

I like Vegas as it went right to work and with just a little fooling around I was able to put things together and turn out great looking video.

I hate the overbloated software that takes a college course to learn how to use it.

I like the timeline based editing protocols that vegas offeres with all the tools readily available too.

Best

Snowy

Network Sponsors

Back