DEPLOYMENT STRATEGY, 100+ VFX - finally done!!!

M

markcheng

Hey guys,

For the past 2 years I've been working on this sci-fi action movie and i just finished the final picture! Here's the complete trailer Take a look! Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions over this 1 year+ of post-production!

Here are some grabs from the film:

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

Deployment Strategy is set 50 years in the future where AI is possible and programming is federally regulated. An elite team of the Homeland Security Cyber division is sent on a mission to detain a rogue programmer who's got one hell of an operating system!!

Wish me luck with festivals!!!

mark!!

btw, if you want to read the 2 articles i wrote in Student Filmmakers Magazine you can order back issues of them!!! Thanks again, members, for all your help!

Trailer looks great, especially thc CGI. Very well done! The weapons shots are very realistic.

Best of luck with the festivals pal! We're with you!

Shot in HD? it looks great, VFX look amazing. SciFi is hard to do independently.

My only suggestion is this: I want to hear the chaos going on, I want to hear the sounds of the guns firing and the massive amounts of SFX going on with all of the shots, the characters speaking and what not. The music is a great choice but I think if you add that in it will make it even better and you can have a bigger impact with a trailer. It gives people a chance to immerse themselves in the trailer instead of just watching it with music going "oh that looks cool", you want to capture your audience.

If you're kinda iffy on the subject, look at any scifi or action trailer on apple.com/quicktime/trailers, they'll have SFX and such in the trailers to get people excited for them. If you need some great movie SFX I would suggest videocopilot.net.

thanks for your feedback. I've receive similar opinions about having soundfx and dialogue in the trailer and I think it makes sense. I'll probably keep it this way though.

It was shot on miniDV actually using a dvx100 and magic bullet for the color correction. I used several digital assets from videocopilot as well as his tutorials to learn after effects. My sound engineer has spent about a month on the soundfx. He's worked on Transformers, GI Joe, and TMNT cartoons.

thanks again for the response!!

mc

quick update here-

I've applied to 42 festivals and growing! I've heard back from 4 of them so far...

Rejected from 1!
An official selection at 2 of them!
...and winner- Best Sci-Fi Short at The Indie Gathering Festival in Cleveland!!

Congrats man! It's always good to read such things.

(stephendurden here, had to change my profile)

thank you Stefano!

I just found out that DS is nominated for Best Special Effects at the Action on Film Festival in Long Beach, CA! anyone live out there? I'll be there for the festival...

mc

hey all, for those long time readers of the SF magazine and members that read my posts for the past 2 years of production, my film Deployment Strategy is finally available for sale on my new website (see my signature;).

in the 4 months since the film's completion this june, it has been accepted by 8 festivals, nominated 4 times, and has taken home two awards- a jury prize and Best Sci-Fi winner...

if you do visit my site, be sure to read the Production Notes. I found some of my crew on this site - my uber-talented soundtrack composer - listen to the trailer to get a taste of his work!! Additionally, i got a lot of feedback from SF members while putting together all the visual effects.

thank you all who took a look, commented, and helped. see, it can happen!!! and the internet and sites like this one can help you achieve it all! I knew NOONE in the industry when I first started this film. GO, SF'ers!! :D

mc :lol:

Network Sponsors

Back