Deployment Strategy Movie: Headshot fx!!

M

markcheng

screenshot_headshot.jpg

Hey guys, in an issue of SF a couple of months ago, I wrote about how I was going to achieve an effect of a guy's head being blown off. I just managed to complete the shot this weekend and thought you might want to see how it looked.

I used photoshop, premiere, and after effects extensively to go back and forth creating elements and often times animating frame by frame - luckily it was only for 3/4 of a second!

check it out here

(This completed shot has not been color corrected yet)

i've posted another half dozen completed vfx if anyone's interested (oh please). you can read about it here

or just download it here

Do you guys think it's nec to have shell casing ejections in all shots??

Chavez_shoots_BG.gif

so here's another clip i'm working on that takes place right before the sample above:

12_fps_bodyguard.gif

i've slowed down the clip so you can actually see the fx stuff I've added. the footage in the film will be twice as fast!

watch the longer clip here!

Thanks soo much man! This really helped out. Now we can finally shoot our final scenes, and I can get into post-production :D

futureoscar said:
Thanks soo much man! This really helped out. Now we can finally shoot our final scenes, and I can get into post-production :D

sure, np. uhh..how did i help tho? :roll:

Sorry about that... I posted this reply on the wrong forum by accident.
:shock:

yeah lol, i saw the other thread just now ;). NP, man. glad to help out a fellow filmmaker

Do you guys think it's nec to have shell casing ejections in all shots??

If you can, but 'Bad Taste' got away without any and I didn't even realise they weren't using real guns until I'd seen it half a dozen times :). If people notice the missing cases you've probably already lost them anyway.

The only thing I would say about your bullet-hit effects is that I don't understand where the flash is meant to come from? The blood cloud looks pretty good though.

Network Sponsors

Back