Votes: 0 0.0%
  • romance

• science fiction

• Total voters
Hmmmmmm...

Hmmmmmm...

That's difficult to answer, I personally favor mixed genres and/or experimental. But, I'll go with Sci-fi, primarily because I feel it allows more room for imagination. Not to say that there aren't original contributions to the other genres, I liked True Romance as a romance movie...? Yup, I'm a guy.

Genre...

Genre...

I favor romance because of it's ability to change from one emotion to another at any given time or place. Two people can be in a horrible situation and still find time to be emotional with one another.
Now that emotion, depending on the circumstance, can be high
or low in it's expression.

i dont believe there is any certain genre i like more. i feel there are a good amount of bad movies in any genre, and not so many good ones. you always have to look for really good work, because at least to me, you do not see previews of them on the tv every week. at least not lately. but i also feel that there are great films in every genre.

Sometimes, a random idea can immediately set a good premise for a particular genre, but while I’m involved in the writing process, I’d rather not premeditate the genre, that would limit creativity. Perhaps I lack discipline?

Anyhow, most of my stories take a while to develop as is, especially the ones pertaining to sci-fi. I really love sci-fi. Even though my sci-fi concepts are difficult to translate to script, my treatments for those concepts are good preparation.

I know what you mean about not wanting to write for a particular genre right away. I don't know if this is a bad thing, but it's the first thing that I think about because although I write for myself first, I write knowing or planning that the piece will eventually be published or seen. How it will eventually be published or seen is another story, but I want to make the writing process easier on myself by outlining, knowing the beginning and the end of the story before anything else and deciding before developing the outline, will this be, for instance, science fantasy, horror, mixed, or a cheesy martial arts action thing. ... Not that I would plan to write anything cheesy, but I just want to write something with martial arts in it sometimes with hopes that it doesn't become just another cheesy martial arts flick. If I'm writing a story or script, I want to make it easily fit into a genre (or non-genre category) and make it more marketable - whether I'm submitting it to a competition or showcase, submitting it to a magazine or lit journal, or offering it to someone else to continue developing.

I don't have a particular favourite genre. There are so many it's too hard to choose. Any genre can be enjoyable if the film is good enough.

Network Sponsors

Back