Follow your favorite filmmakers and stay up to date: movienerd.tv

movienerd

Hello all,

my name is Michael, my wife and I are film nerds.

In our case, we have our very own taste in movies and try to follow a whole lot of directors, screenwriters, etc. We pull up filmographies on IMDb all the time - at least when we remember people and their name comes to mind.
Unfortunately, none of the film and media industry services and websites allow you to "follow" filmmakers and, based on that, be shown new film releases and, ideally, news related to the people you follow.

That's why I built something for myself:

movienerd.tv

screenshot movienerd.jpg

The site is totally free. And the database behind it is huge with over 900k movies and 3 million international filmmakers to choose from. You can follow anyone you want - much like you know from Twitter or other social media platforms. movienerd.tv then displays you a feed based on your followings, showing past and future releases of the people and keeps you up to date about their work. In addition, the site parses the RSS feeds of over 35 different film websites and creates a news feed of articles about the people you follow. More RSS feeds to come...

I built the site primarily for myself as a film nerd, so I could have it easier to follow all sorts of names and not miss any releases. But I also got occasional feedback from people who work in the film industry and who appreciate the fact, that they can now follow fellow colleagues and stay up to date with their work.
I hope this is of interest for you as well. I would be happy to add features you find useful yourselves.

Hi Movienerd!
I love the story behind the website! :D You and your wife have identified a need and created Movie Nerd as an answer to that need! Thank you for letting us know about this and for sharing it with our community!

Hello all,

my name is Michael, my wife and I are film nerds.

In our case, we have our very own taste in movies and try to follow a whole lot of directors, screenwriters, etc. We pull up filmographies on IMDb all the time - at least when we remember people and their name comes to mind.
Unfortunately, none of the film and media industry services and websites allow you to "follow" filmmakers and, based on that, be shown new film releases and, ideally, news related to the people you follow.

That's why I built something for myself:

movienerd.tv

View attachment 53765

The site is totally free. And the database behind it is huge with over 900k movies and 3 million international filmmakers to choose from. You can follow anyone you want - much like you know from Twitter or other social media platforms. movienerd.tv then displays you a feed based on your followings, showing past and future releases of the people and keeps you up to date about their work. In addition, the site parses the RSS feeds of over 35 different film websites and creates a news feed of articles about the people you follow. More RSS feeds to come...

I built the site primarily for myself as a film nerd, so I could have it easier to follow all sorts of names and not miss any releases. But I also got occasional feedback from people who work in the film industry and who appreciate the fact, that they can now follow fellow colleagues and stay up to date with their work.
I hope this is of interest for you as well. I would be happy to add features you find useful yourselves.
hello
i would like to know if you also data base short films. if yes i would like to submit some. here is a link
thanks

Network Sponsors

Back