Evil Mime - Horror short film

ivan94film

Name
Ivan94film

Hi everyone, I'm back with a new horror short film!

Evil Mime - You won't see it coming...

A blind college student must use her remaining senses to escape from an evil mime who stalks her.

Experience it in 4K HDR on a compatible smartphone like iphone 10 or newer & Samsung s9 or newer. Use good headphones to hear it in 3D spatial audio.

Let me know what you guys think, all feedback is welcome. This is the first project I shot with a light meter, all previous projects I have trusted my eye and usually underexposed because of that. This is also the first project I mastered in hdr rec2020 and spatial audio which comes with its own challenges.

Filmed during one night in Sweden with a budget around 400 dollars.

@ivan94film , this is a really good short film! I love the plot, the actors, the SFX, the audio, how you directed it, everything!
I'm curious, how did you come up with the idea to create this film? The fact that the main character is blind gives a lot of depth to the story!

I was reading that you did all these on a $400 budget. Wow! Impressive!!
What equipment did you use? Did you rent it or own it prior to shooting this? The image and audio quality is very good!

@ivan94film , this is a really good short film! I love the plot, the actors, the SFX, the audio, how you directed it, everything!
I'm curious, how did you come up with the idea to create this film? The fact that the main character is blind gives a lot of depth to the story!
Thanks for the kind words Maura, it started off as an idea about a blind woman being stalked and needing the help of her mother via facetime to escape from the perpetrator. but I removed the videocall aspect and added the boyfriend instead. I felt it would be scary if a blind person can't hear her enemy and mistakes her stalker for her lover. Cheers!

I was reading that you did all these on a $400 budget. Wow! Impressive!!
What equipment did you use? Did you rent it or own it prior to shooting this? The image and audio quality is very good!
Hi Emily I filmed on a BM pocket 6k, I own all my equipments and slowly built up after the free youth rental institution in my city went bankrupt. It's also cost effective to have great understanding of cinematography, editing and sound mixing so you don't have to rely on someone else to get your project done. Also preplanned ahead and test shot the whole film 3 times before the actual shoot to save time, we actually finished an hour earlier than the schedule. Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words Maura, it started off as an idea about a blind woman being stalked and needing the help of her mother via facetime to escape from the perpetrator. but I removed the videocall aspect and added the boyfriend instead. I felt it would be scary if a blind person can't hear her enemy and mistakes her stalker for her lover. Cheers!
It is better with the boyfriend, indeed

Hi everyone, I'm back with a new horror short film!

Evil Mime - You won't see it coming...

A blind college student must use her remaining senses to escape from an evil mime who stalks her.

Experience it in 4K HDR on a compatible smartphone like iphone 10 or newer & Samsung s9 or newer. Use good headphones to hear it in 3D spatial audio.

Let me know what you guys think, all feedback is welcome. This is the first project I shot with a light meter, all previous projects I have trusted my eye and usually underexposed because of that. This is also the first project I mastered in hdr rec2020 and spatial audio which comes with its own challenges.

Filmed during one night in Sweden with a budget around 400 dollars.
Loved it!! If you'd like to submit to the Queens Underground International Black History Month Film Fest, email: QueensUnderground718@gmail.com

Network Sponsors

Back