Deployment Strategy trailer..shot last month...

M

markcheng

Hey all,

Some of you prolly have seen me post in the past about my project, Deployment Strategy. I've just posted our trailer for the film on our website. Very few of the fx are complete now, but I needed a trailer for some film festivals that'll accept it in place of the completed film...

Please let me know what you think!

mark

Hey Mark,

The trailer looks good. I love the sets, and the lighting ain't half bad! I see that you shot on the DVX100. The trailer footage looks a bit too much like video though (it may be an online thing, but i don't think so). There just seems like something missing. While I know there sin't much you can do about that, are you planning on doing some post production treatment to it (i.e., adding a touch of film grain, playing with the contrast, color correcting, etc.)? There's some software out there (used to come with the DVX when you buy it) called Magic Bullet. It basically gives you a "film look" and with the DVX footage, I think It could really help out. Mind you, I have yet to test the software, but I hear it does some really cool stuff, and the demo is pretty good.

So, what are your plans?

Chris

thanks filmosity for the feedback! did you dl the quicktime or divx versions? They're higher quality than the embedded youTube version, and look better. I did toy with the magic bullet suite and plan to either use that or my own customized combination of levels/curves/hues/saturation to stylize the look.

I needed this trailer sooner though for the festival circuit which will, in some cases, accept a trailer in place of a finished movie (which mine is not). Once some of the computer fx are done too, I'll recut the trailer to include them for eye candy.

thanks!

mc

Network Sponsors

Back