Crying Game

Kim Welch

Staff member
Some actors can cry on set. I have not seen it myself but i have heard that this is the case. What about those that can't. How many of the big stars can''t cry tears? do we cut and put some tears on them and start taking again?

Crying On Cue

Crying On Cue

I find what really works for me is to just completely lose my ego (not my pride, my Freudian ego), remove myself from the situation entirely and think of the most depressing, makes-me-feel-helpless thoughts that I can think of. For me it's the thought of my brother dying and the thought that I'd cease to exist after death.

Giving 3 seconds to either of these thoughts will cause me to tear up immediately. Even better, by practicing doing it, I know exactly what it feels like to cry in those situations, making it even easier to trigger the response.

What techniques do you use?

-Kyle

pro outlook

pro outlook

from what i hear that is how it is done by pros. they get in touch feelings that have to do with something that made them very sad and cry or will or does and it is what helps to bring the tears.

sometimes if you look really close, there aren't any tears. this isn't always the case, but i've noticed this in some television series.

your eyes aren't drawn to focus or look for any tears, but as the viewer, your drawn into the scene and believing it. not really checking for tears, in some cases, there aren't any.

cool camera trick?

Some experienced actors can do the crying scene very naturally, but some who are new to the Cinema industry can use glycerine.

Network Sponsors

Back