Climate Action Film Festival - March 2nd-12th

Added to Calendar: 03-02-21

Tavit

Hello Student Filmmakers!

I'm new to the forum, and wanted to announce the 2nd annual Climate Action Film Festival! This year, we're going fully-digital, so you can tune in wherever you might be. Tickets are available on a "donate what you can" basis (even a dollar will do!). Please give us a look and help spread the word!

The Climate Action Film Festival brings together activists, filmmakers, and communities to witness and celebrate stories of climate action. CAFF’s mission is to amplify voices and inspire further action in addressing the climate crisis, locally and beyond. The festival spans two weeks, March 2nd-12th with an incredible selection of short & feature films, panel discussions with filmmakers, and climate activists, and more. Hope to see you all there!

2021_CAFF-PostImages_1920x1080_3.jpg

This is a great idea! Anyone can be a part of this festival, regardless of their geo-location! The trailer is very inspirational and motivational, I love it!

Thanks Maura! We learned so much from our first festival last year, and we've got a pretty incredible program lined up. I'll be sure to post our entire schedule here when we announce the films and speakers in the next week!

Thanks Maura! We learned so much from our first festival last year, and we've got a pretty incredible program lined up. I'll be sure to post our entire schedule here when we announce the films and speakers in the next week!
Looking forward to that!

Hello again Student Filmmakers!
following up here with our official festival schedule and some more info. :)

First, our schedule!
202102_CAFF-Schedule_sm-Full.jpg

Next up, I've included an image of our Very Impactful Partner package which you can find on our Eventbrite page; they're starting to disappear fast so if you're interested, grab one soon.
https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_125991341_209460109567_1_original.jpg

As well, we're releasing a bit more info on some of the short-film selections, a couple of which are making their streaming debut during our festival!

202102_CAFF-FilmThumbnails_Invasion2-1.jpg

Invasion​

In this era of “reconciliation with Indigenous Nations”, native land is still being taken at gunpoint. INVASION is a film from the frontlines about the Unist’ot’en Camp, Gidimt’en checkpoint and the larger Wet’suwet’en Nation standing up to the Canadian government and corporations who continue colonial violence against Indigenous people.

202102_CAFF-FilmThumbnails_OilWater.jpg

Oil & Water​

Facing the imminent takeover of their ancestral lands, women in the Turkana region of Kenya organize themselves to stand up against oil giant Tullow. Despite resistance from the men in their community, they continue to oppose the corporation that threatens to snatch away their sovereignty and way of life.
202102_CAFF-FilmThumbnails_Yongoyvuqatsi.jpg

Yongoyvuqatsi​

Yongoyvuqatsi is a short tone poem that displays the causes and effects of climate change at a very human level, and the hypocrisies that undermine our efforts to counteract the effects. Shot on a single reel of super 8 with no editing, Yongoyvuqatsi captures our raw, unstaged world just days before the Coronavirus pandemic entered public consciousness.

I hope to see you all at the festival! If you know anyone who might be interested in attending, please spread the word!

Network Sponsors

Back