Breaking in

K

kjax

Well I've been looking to get into Film Scoring for some time.
I want to start with a few Student Films for the learning process and the experience. (I'm willing to donate my services on spec for 2 or 3 films) But I am not a "Film Student" I am a platinum Recording Engineer I own my own studio I am a writer, musician, producer with resources, and yet I am having trouble finding a project to get attached to.
Any thoughts?

hmmm I decided to let this post marinate for awhile and see if anyone would respond....
well....

My question is, am I missing something?
Have I offended someone?
Are all student filmakers so flush with music and resources that the thought of someone with talent and facilities just is laughable?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy... I'm seriously confused about what it is I'm missing. I really want to connect with someone on a project and no one (not just here) is even interested in a dialouge about possibilities... wtd?

Are all student filmakers so flush with music and resources that the thought of someone with talent and facilities just is laughable?

Probably yes to the first part, and no to the second part. The problem composers have is that for every composer job there are many, many people who want it, and a lot of them are very good: even it I post an ad for a runner it's quite likely I'll get half a dozen composers asking if I need someone to do the music.

So I'm not really sure what to suggest other than to keep trying... once you meet a few people and prove you're good, they'll probably stick with you for a long time.

Scoring

Scoring

How to get started scoring for films. Don't start with films! Start with training videos, industrials, docs, and game development. These items have alot more volume and though there are many resources, if your willing to make their project special they would be interested.

Also consider scoring pitches. I recently finished mixing a pitch from a production company for a new reality series. They could have used some original composition on their demo to really get their project to stand out.

Network Sponsors

Back