"Aroha" - A New Zealand Travel Short Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

verticalberto

Hello everybody,
my name is Alberto and I'm an acrobat from Venice, Italy, with a passion for videomaking and travelling.
During my latest tour in New Zealand I was lucky enough to be able to thoroughly explore this jaw-dropping country with my wife and to test my new filming gear.
New Zealand is so vast that it was just the two of us almost the entire time, and tramping with our tent and sleeping bags gave us the opportunity to reach and shoot some unique locations (although the last one took me hours to get the empty shot before the high tide cut me out! :D ).
I would like to share with you the final results in order to receive any advice and criticism that could help me do better during my next project :) so any feedback about shot composition, storyboard, color correction/grading, transitions, music/SFX ecc will be super appreciated.
I hope you enjoy it!

This is awesome. Thank you for posting. Please tell me what was it shot with and what was it edited with? It's really beautiful. I love the transitions, slowmo and timelapse. The framing is really good too. Are you a professional?

This is awesome. Thank you for posting. Please tell me what was it shot with and what was it edited with? It's really beautiful. I love the transitions, slowmo and timelapse. The framing is really good too. Are you a professional?
Thank you very much Kim, I'm happy you liked it :)
This was shot on a Sony a7s with FE 24-240mm F3,5-6,3 OSS and Pentax SMC 50mm f/1.7, and edited on Sony Vegas and After Effects.
I'm not a professional, I like to study on my own :)

Thank you for this information. I used Sony vegas just for a minute and found the tutorials to be great. It's not called Sony Vegas anymore though. I think it's just called Vegas. Sony sold it I think.

Thank you for this information. I used Sony vegas just for a minute and found the tutorials to be great. It's not called Sony Vegas anymore though. I think it's just called Vegas. Sony sold it I think.
Yes you are right, It's Vegas Pro now. Ive been using it since 2005 so for me it'll always be just "Sony Vegas" 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back