Tagline Needed For Time Travel Film

I recently wrote a script that belongs to the fantasy-romance genre, and I’m looking for a tagline to include in my pitch. Please feel free to suggest as many as you can think of. The more clever the better.
The script is essentially about an American tourist in England finding a prehistoric flute which sends him through time to the Stone Age, where he gathers a whole new perspective on life. It’s more in the time-slip sub genre.
Get creative and share any taglines you can think of below, thank you!!

Does he find love? What happens in the stone age?
Yes absolutely. He encounters a Neanderthal girl who was abandoned by her tribe. At first their interactions are tense but eventually she helps him survive and teaches him many things, he teaches her how to speak English, and gives her companionship. He grows as a person as he spends more and more time in the Stone Age.
By the end they have fallen in love, but a scientist he knows in the present has discovered the fossilized remains of a Neanderthal eaten by some large predator. So it becomes a race against fate, where he may have to choose
between the modern and prehistoric world.
That’s the gist, if you can think of any good taglines I’d sure appreciate it.

You need to know exactly what ate the neanderthal and is the neanderthal his girlfriend? Is it funny?
A Kelenken was the culprit if you must know, I only didn’t mention it because I didn’t suppose you knew what a Kelenken was. Was I mistaken?
I don’t believe I understand your second or third question. It is not a comedy, and I hasten to point out that Neanderthals were as intelligent and advanced as we were, and interspecies couplings occurred frequently, as proven by their presence in our DNA. I see nothing humorous here. Think “Quest for Fire”, not “One Million Years BC”.
With all due respect I do not require opinions or advice on the story/concept itself. All that is solid. Neither am I in need of outdated paleontological ideas. However I am interested in taglines. If it suits you to share any, please let me know.
If you can think of none, you are under no obligation. Good day, I await your reply.

Last edited:
Hello there, CTHJudeRules! Thank you for your question.
Congratulations on the completion of your script!
Without knowing that much about the story, and without having read the script, here are some ideas.
Let me know what you think!

Tagline Ideas:

Would you die for love yesterday?

Love has no borders. Or time.

True love is worth the wait. Is it worth fighting for?

I love you to the Stone Age and back.

The above might not be a fit. But at minimum it hopefully helps get the creative juices flowing. Also helps with process of elimination ;)

Another idea, while you're on your tagline brainstorming sessions, is take a look at other time-slip sub genre or time travel film taglines, and see what others have done.

For example here are 5 examples---

"Primer"

Tagline:
"If you always want what you can't have, what do you want when you can have anything?"

"Predestination"

Tagline:
"To save the future, he must reshape the past."

Source Code

Tagline:
"Make every second count"

"The Girl Who Leapt Through Time"

Tagline 1: "There is a future that we can't wait for."
Tagline 2: "Leap into the adventure of a lifetime!"
Tagline 3: "Time waits for no one."

"12 Monkeys"

Tagline:
"The future is history."

Let us know how you're doing and if you'd like to brainstorm a bit more, or bounce ideas around.

-

By the way, I'm sorry, I see that you mentioned the movie, "Quest for Fire". The taglines for that movie were:
  • A Science Fantasy Adventure
  • A Great Adventure
  • The future began 80,000 years ago!
  • The most extraordinary film of our generation.
  • In the tradition of 'Star Wars' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' - A GREAT ADVENTURE
  • Fourteen years ago, "2001: A Space Odysey" was the astounding epic that aroused a generation, telling them where they might be headed. Now, 20th Century Fox presents a science fantasy adventure that will arouse this generation, telling them where we might have begun.
  • The Future Began-80,000 Years Ago
  • Primitive tribes clash in desperate struggle for survival
  • A primeval experience set 80,000 years ago.
It's just nice to look at other examples...

-

I appreciate that Jody, thank you. Those are some good ideas, better than the one I managed to think of:

Our past. His future.

I think “Love has no borders. Or time.” is my favorite of yours. Great stuff. I’ll start gathering a list together. If you want to see the kind of time slip film I am going for, look into “Midnight in Paris” & “The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan”. The latter is free on YouTube, and both greatly influenced the story (With a light sprinkling perhaps of “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”). If anything else comes to mind I’d love to discuss it with you further.
Your examples have just given me an idea for another one:

His future began-200,000 Years Ago

Thanks again.

You're welcome, My pleasure!
Awesome- I like your new one (y)

Okay, I'll take a look at those films.
Yes, if something else comes up, I'll drop a note here.

Have a great morning :coffee:🍊

-

Hey CTHJudeRules! I have read about your script and you have some very original ideas. I am actually looking forward to see more of it in the future.

Hey CTHJudeRules! I have read about your script and you have some very original ideas. I am actually looking forward to see more of it in the future.
Thank you, this will most definitely be my most ambitious film project. I can send you a copy of the final draft when completed (Its at the first-second draft currently). And should you want to be involved in the production in any shape or form please let me know. Cheers.

I was reading through some Taoism quotes, just to see if maybe that would inspire more tagline ideas.

Taglines didn't pop in my head this time, but these quotes might help to bring forth more in brainstorming phases...

"Be indifferent to where you live."

"Accept everything just the way it is."

"Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling."

"Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world."

"Do not regret what you have done."

"Never let yourself be saddened by a separation."

"Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need."

"You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour."

-

I was reading through some Taoism quotes, just to see if maybe that would inspire more tagline ideas.

Taglines didn't pop in my head this time, but these quotes might help to bring forth more in brainstorming phases...

"Be indifferent to where you live."

"Accept everything just the way it is."

"Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling."

"Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world."

"Do not regret what you have done."

"Never let yourself be saddened by a separation."

"Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need."

"You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour."

-
Fascinating, thank you.

Network Sponsors

Back