Advice and guidance

mollylc

Hi,
I am 19 years old and live in the uk. I am trying to get back into acting since having to take about a 2 year break due to health issues. Growing up I was always involed in acting and performing in school. I attend a stagecoach performing art school on a Saturday and did a few performances with them. Then I went on to attend a performing arts college when I was 16 but unfortunately had to leave due to my health issue and didn’t get my diploma. I am now looking to get back into acting but I don’t know we’re to start. I am planing on attend acting classes but can’t currently because of coronavirus. I don’t habe any professional experience only school and stagecoach performances. I know I need to get headshots and create a showreel but I don’t know how to because I don’t have any footage to create a showreel. Also training wise do any of the places I trained count as training. I am interested in Tv/Film acting. So sorry for the long post I am just very lost and confused as I don’t know where to start or what to do.
Thank you

Actors Social Networking Whilst Social Distancing.

This Friday the 6th of Nov from 6:00pm-7:30pm we are hosting an actor focussed networking event.

Joining us at this event are an experienced panel of industry professionals who you can ask anything and everything about the industry and how they got to where they are today.

This panel features accomplished actors Johan Hallstrom & Lexie Lambert, acting teachers and also the founders of the casting platform, Flairbox.co

We would love to see you at the event so you can meet other like-minded actors during these strange times as well as potentially finding work through signing up to flairbox for free.

The Eventbright link is below - see you there!

WEBINAR - ACTOR'S ROUND WITH FLAIRBOX

Hello mollylc and welcome to the forums!
Have you considered making a short presentation video about you as an actor?
Here you can see an example:

Good luck!

Network Sponsors

Back