720p on DVD

Woodstock

I just started to work with HD format and I'm a little confused. I need to produce a loop video for the reception's TV in my office. The TV has a resolution of 720p max. The video is only made with Photoshop drawing. I put the size of the Photoshop document in 720px height and 1280px width (that seems to be the format in Premiere).

I want to put the video file on a DVD. What is the best way to do it? Should I build an ISO from Premiere and burn it after? Should I export the file and produce the DVD with Encore DVD (and if so, what codec/format should I use)? Or should I just export the video file and play it through the computer? What I tried is to build an ISO of the 720p project and burn it on a regular DVD-R.

Last question, I have two options to play the video on the TV. We have a DVD player that is connected to the TV, and the reception's computer is also plug to the TV. The DVD player is not an upscaling one, it's a 20$ really cheap Daytek DVD player, so when I try to read the 720p DVD in it, the video is really ugly. Is there a way to play the 720p video file through the computer (that does not have a really good graphic card, NVidia GeForce 6200), or should I buy an upscaling DVD?

Well I guess I'll just answer myself, maybe it will help someone. I had to buy a upscaling DVD player compatible with DivX content, looks like the only way to produce HD content on a regular DVD. You won't loose (or almost not) any quality when you export a 720p project to the DivX format. Then you have to make sure that your DVD player can read HD-DivX file and you should be good to go!

Network Sponsors

Back