wood lightning problems

S

stelo

hi I'm stefano from Italy, well i am shooting a very low budget short with a Panasonic agdvx100 with ps technick and Zeiss 1.3 lenses. I'm going to shoot not so contrasted images, i'd like make them very soft. but there is a shot that i think will be just a little bit complicated (hope a little bit): there is a luch time in a House. All around the table there are very large windows. The larger is in the back of the subjects: through this window we see a grass tith three trees. We will shoot in the afternoon because there is a nice sun position, but there so much difference between the the sunny spaces with green grass, and the shadows of the trees.I'd like to see more in the shadows, but i want to keep the green, and don't burn it. I think i will use i 2500 Hmi par and a 1200 Hmi par reflected, to try to soft the shadows, and in the house a 2500 Hmi par (from the windows) with two Kino flo double 120 cm to fill the subjects. Do u think them will be enough? There are some filter or parameters to modify in the camera to try to lower more the contrast without increasing the noise (gamma or knee).
Pro and Versus shooting in 25p.
thank u very much for your consideration, hope my english is not so bad.
bye

I can't say that's enough HMI light to balance an interior with a day exterior through a large window. If you overexpose the exterior a little, that will open up the shadows under the tree. Lights can help but you can also try silver reflectors or a large bounce frame (like a 12'x12' white griflon or silver lame) to fill in the shadows under the tree.

The real problem is lighting the interior enough to balance with all of that. If the background view through the windows will be out-of-focus, you can try using a large double-net scrim right outside to darken the view, if ND gel is too expensive for the windows.

thank you very much mr mullen..for your answer.this is a very interesting forum.
stefano

Network Sponsors

Back