Winter Photo Contest: Snowy Cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaten_track

Name
Snowy Cabin
An abandoned cabin in Teriberka, Russia: a small village made famous by Zvyagintsev's Oscar-nominated film Leviathan.

FIRST NAME: Emil
LAST NAME: Khalikov

PHOTO LOCATION: Teriberka, Russia
CAMERA: Canon Powershot G9X Mark II
LENS:
EDITING SOFTWARE (IF ANY): Adobe Lightroom
FILTERS USED (IF ANY):

LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE: Hobbyist

Attachments

• Cabin in the snow (Teriberka, Russia) 1.jpg
    Cabin in the snow (Teriberka, Russia) 1.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
You have managed to tell us an entire story through just one picture. The village looks so peaceful, it makes you wonder what stories he has witnessed in the past.
Thank you for your submission!
Good luck!

I did see Leviathan but I didn't expected it to be shot in an actual village. Seeing this photo and that house makes me think of the charm that abandoned villages have from all over the world. It also makes me wonder...who lived there? What happened to them?

Yeah, those are good questions I also came up with. But unfortunately I hadn’t an opportunity to ask them since I was limited in time.
I did see Leviathan but I didn't expected it to be shot in an actual village. Seeing this photo and that house makes me think of the charm that abandoned villages have from all over the world. It also makes me wonder...who lived there? What happened to them?

The left to right composition draws you into the image. Very lyrical. What camera system and post process did you use?
Thank you for your comment, Mr. Wagner!
I am very honored and humbled that my photo is reviewed by such a prominent cinematographer as you are! I have grown up watching some of the series you shot, and it’s a great honor for me!
For this photo I used my compact digital camera Canon Powershot G9X and edited it in Adobe Lightroom.

Hey there, fellow photographer! :) What inspired you to take this beautiful photo? What camera did you use? What programs did you use for post-editing?
Hi!
I was really moved by the Leviathan and wanted to see all those desolate places by myself: the boat graveyard, run-down houses, the sea. So I went to Teriberka and was impressed by these places even more! I really liked how both abandoned and cozy this house looks.
I shot it on Canon Powershot G9X and edited via Adobe Lightroom.

You have managed to tell us an entire story through just one picture. The village looks so peaceful, it makes you wonder what stories he has witnessed in the past.
Thank you for your submission!
Good luck!
Thank you!

Hello again! :D We have recently updated our entry format. Could you please edit your first post to contain all these information? :) Thank you in advance!

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
PHOTO LOCATION:
CAMERA:
LENS:
EDITING SOFTWARE
(IF ANY):
FILTERS USED
(IF ANY):

LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE:
(Choose between: Amateur, Hobbyist, Student or Professional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back