Winter Photo Contest: First Snow - Rockland County, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rfeger

A normally busy road, it was eerily quiet after the
First Snow_R_Feger.jpg
first snow of the season. Thanks

Hello @Rfeger!

Thank you for submitting your entry to our contest!

That place looks so quiet, it is hard to imagine it busy :D

Good luck!

Thank you. I shot this scene with a Nikon FE 35mm film camera, using Kodak Royal 400ISO film stock. I believe I was using a short telephoto lens at widest focal length. Scanned negative and then used Adobe Photoshop to convert to B+W.

This is a beautifully rendered image. The FE is a great camera under the eye of a master photographer. Always remember we express the image. The “stuff” just supports our vision.

Hey there, fellow photographer! :) What inspired you to take this beautiful photo? What camera did you use? What programs did you use for post-editing?

Hello again! :D We have recently updated our entry format. Could you please edit your first post to contain all these information? :) Thank you in advance!

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
PHOTO LOCATION:
CAMERA:
LENS:
EDITING SOFTWARE
(IF ANY):
FILTERS USED
(IF ANY):

LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE:
(Choose between: Amateur, Hobbyist, Student or Professional)

As requested, additional entry info:
FIRST NAME: Richard
LAST NAME: Feger

PHOTO LOCATION:Stony Point, NY
CAMERA: Nikon FE (35mm film)
LENS: Telephoto
EDITING SOFTWARE
(IF ANY): Adobe Photoshop
FILTERS USED
(IF ANY): None

LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE: Professional

As requested, additional entry info:
FIRST NAME: Richard
LAST NAME: Feger

PHOTO LOCATION:Stony Point, NY
CAMERA: Nikon FE (35mm film)
LENS: Telephoto
EDITING SOFTWARE
(IF ANY): Adobe Photoshop
FILTERS USED
(IF ANY): None

LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE: Professional
Thank you! :D

Hey there, fellow photographer! :) What inspired you to take this beautiful photo? What camera did you use? What programs did you use for post-editing?
Thank you. It was one of those unplanned scenes that just caught my mind's eye while driving down the road. Other than the water on the side of the road, the scene was just so still and quiet. I shot with my Nikon FE 35mm film camera. I used Kodak Royal 400ISO film stock. I believe I was using a short telephoto lens at widest focal length (probably around 70mm). I scanned the negative and used Adobe Photoshop to convert the image to grey scale then played with contrast, brightness and curves to set the tone I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back